PDA

View Full Version : Extension for Componon 150mm lens?

dentkimterry
29-Feb-2012, 19:15
I have an older chrome Componon 150mm lens. The Rear element sticks out too far

for the lens to work in my Durst turret. Is there a 39mm extension tube available that

will move the lens down a little, out of the way? Or maybe an extension lens board?

ic-racer
29-Feb-2012, 19:47
There is a black cone on which the lens mounts. I think I got one once when I saw a Componon exchange hands to a non-Durst owner and then e-mailed to ask for the mount. There are two types out there. One has threads on the back than need to be screwed into the appropriate sized LAPLA lens plate to fit on the turret. (Seen on the 150mm in the picture). The other type is one-piece and essentially has the LAPLA built-in (Seen on the 210mm in the picture).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/three1.jpg

dentkimterry
29-Feb-2012, 21:07
Great news. Thanks ic. Anyone know where I can find such a beast?

dentkimterry
2-Mar-2012, 08:25

Well I built a lens board. Found a retaining ring that fit the lens and scabbed an extension mount from some other enlarging stuff I had. Not pretty but works!

David de Gruyl
2-Mar-2012, 08:58
if you are looking for a cheap-ish option, there are 39mm extension tubes for use in macro photography with leica thread mount lenses. They come in a variety of lengths. That being said, I don't know if they work with your lens. I use one to mount a process lens in a Besseler turret.