PDA

View Full Version : Decent soft bag for V8 Deardorff

c.d.ewen
28-Feb-2012, 16:54
I usually keep the 'dorff & a bunch of holders in a hardcase, but decided I needed to travel light. I went into my local EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports), and found a bag that suited my needs. It was meant to be a cooler, so it has an inner and outer plastic skin, with a bit of padding between. The camera fits snuggly inside, and there's room to carry a couple of holders. The bag has mesh pockets in the lid and on the sides, so it's possible to pack a few essentials, e.g., meter, loupe, etc. Unless you're using a small lens, however, there isn't enough room to pack that. You should use a GG protector.

The only negative about the bag is it's price - $40. I'm sure, though, it's available elsewhere, perhaps cheaper. Keep your eyes open.

Charley

c.d.ewen
28-Feb-2012, 17:00
What did I do wrong? The photos of the bag appear as links, not as thumbnails.

Charley

John Kasaian
28-Feb-2012, 20:46
I use a GI surplus 5 gallon water can cooler. I think they go for $19 when available. Room enough for the 'dorff V-8, four holders, and
couple of extra lenses on a 6" boards. The shoulder strap could use a bit of cushion though. I have two--the second holds more film holders, dark cloth, filter and cleanng kits, all in fashionable coyote tan canvas.

Greg Y
28-Feb-2012, 20:55
Charley, Thanks for the post. Mountain Hardware makes great gear. I wouldn't sweat the price. For the price of one Deardorff lensboard, I'm happy if the handles don't tear off under load...:)

jeroldharter
28-Feb-2012, 22:14
I would saythat is a good price for a nice bag that works.

c.d.ewen
29-Feb-2012, 06:31
I use a GI surplus 5 gallon water can cooler. I think they go for $19 when available.

John:

I saw your original post about these, but had no idea where I could buy one. In my youth, there were surplus shops everywhere, but not now.

Charley

John Kasaian
5-Mar-2012, 23:19
John:

I saw your original post about these, but had no idea where I could buy one. In my youth, there were surplus shops everywhere, but not now.

Charley
Here they are!
http://west.loadup.com/military/surplus/13239.html
The price went down since I bought mine, but I don't know how much shipping will add

joselsgil
6-Mar-2012, 01:36
John,

The website says they are out of stock. :(

John Kasaian
6-Mar-2012, 02:51
John,

The website says they are out of stock. :(

oops!
I found these on Craigs List
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/clt/2872585586.html

Tony Evans
6-Mar-2012, 08:42
Charley,

I use similar for my Sinar P. An insulated, padded cooler with a hard top (including holder for a "Bud") found in the camping section of Canadian Tire. About the same price.