PDA

View Full Version : That red vase to develop 4x5 LF sheets : ) !!! - Link please !!!

Ig Nacio
28-Feb-2012, 12:07
Hi,

Less than four months ago, someone placed the link to an
alternative company that manufactured these red vases -
they look like a regular developing container - with the
sheet holders were blue. Can that be right or my memory
is failing me somehow?? The company was apparently
located in Britain. The interesting difference is that sheet
film stood instead of "being rolled" into the container.

I'll be very grateful for the link to this firm.

Thank you, kind regards,

Ig Nacio : ) !!!

Lachlan 717
28-Feb-2012, 14:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_Lzd3LUnQ

And

http://www.mod54.com/

The sheets are blue, the holder is red and the tank is black!

cyrus
28-Feb-2012, 14:51
I'd be interested in anyone's experience using these things.
It seems to me that the ridges in the center would cause significant agitation/swirl marks, and negs may stick together at the center of their bow.

Ig Nacio
28-Feb-2012, 17:57
Hi,

Thank you : ) !!! Yes, that's it. It was the one
I was looking for!

Kind regards,

Ig Nacio : ) !!!

Lachlan 717
28-Feb-2012, 18:24
Our help comes at a cost:

If you get one of these, can you please let the Forum know how it goes?

Best of luck with it!!

cjbecker
29-Feb-2012, 08:09
I was really looking into the mod54 because right now I tray develop and i'm looking for a way to do it in the daylight. Its either this, BTZS tubes or a jobo 25** and the 4x5 reel.

Fred L
29-Feb-2012, 08:23
I use the Jobo tank and reels but they come at a cost though. Loading them is easy once you do it a couple of times.You can just roll them on a countertop or make a rolling base similar to Jobo's.

The Mod's advantage is that it fits regular plastic developing tanks so if you have those, you're half way there.

cjbecker
29-Feb-2012, 08:33
The thing is i don't already have the paterson tank for it. So it would be like 75 for the kit. It is still cheaper then the jobo or BTZS tubes

cyrus
29-Feb-2012, 09:12
I wonder what the advantage of this approach is over the regular taco method that Jay cooked up.

Tony Evans
29-Feb-2012, 10:16
Cyrus,

No advantage in chemistry/4x5 sheet, which for me is 200ml/sheet (800 ml for 4 tacos in the Paterson 2-reeler). I bought both the 3-reel Paterson and the Mod54 only to realise it offers me nothing over Taco. I still have these (new, never used). PM me if anyone wants a deal.