PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Zone VI tripod?

paulr
27-Feb-2012, 09:08
My "lightweight" wood tripod has been sitting in a storage room for a couple of years, and it looks like someone poached a couple of the knobs and bolts and one of the u-shaped brackets that reinforces the bolt hole.

Do I have a prayer of finding replacements for this stuff?

Unbelievably annoying.

Kirk Gittings
27-Feb-2012, 09:43
Wow a rather specialized poacher. If anyone would know it would be Ritter or Calumet.

RichardRitter
27-Feb-2012, 10:26
The bolts are 3/8 x 16 carriage bolts can be bought at any good hard ware store, the knobs are fairly common. If not I have some here. As to the u shaped bracket I do not have that part it was a custom made part.

Leigh
27-Feb-2012, 11:47
The U-shaped reinforcement can be made pretty easily from a length of aluminum U-stock,
if you can find the proper width (I don't know what it is for that tripod, but not large).

Just drill a hole near one end and saw off that piece.

- Leigh

paulr
27-Feb-2012, 12:05
Thanks everyone. The good people at Glennview Camera pointed me straight to Reid Supply, whose website has the actual knobs (and knobs for everyone else who might be looking).

Turns out I'm not missing the reinforcement. The bolts and all should be around the corner at the hardware store.

Yes, a very specialized poacher.

rdenney
27-Feb-2012, 16:11
Yes, a very specialized poacher.

The only such poacher in my household is me. But I do it to myself all the time.

Another excellent online hardware supply is McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com).

Rick "extremely quick shipping but not always the cheapest" Denney