PDA

View Full Version : What is best way to attach a Pocket Wizard to a hand held Technika?

Frank Petronio
23-Feb-2012, 21:45
Finally moving into the 90s with some Pocket Wizards... what is the best way to attach one to my Linhof Technika for handheld work? What about a Rolleiflex TLR? Thanks

Michael Clark
23-Feb-2012, 22:41
Duck tape. its 60"s technology.

Mike

sully75
23-Feb-2012, 23:10
Hardware store velcro would be the way I would go. I love that stuff.

frotog
24-Feb-2012, 07:02
There's a quarter twenty female receptor on the pocket wizard. Use a brass lighting stud and then couple to a manfrotto mini spring clamp. On my Sinar I clip the clamp to the front standard. A much cleaner and more secure way to go. If you're working off a tripod and getting all David Bailey with it you might want to consider a small maffer clamp instead of the spring clamp.

Ari
24-Feb-2012, 07:49
I usually use velcro in situations like this.

wclark5179
24-Feb-2012, 08:13
My Pocket Wizards came with a strap that I can use to hold it when needed. Velcro is a good idea as well. I suppose you could use a rubber band like with the ones used to keep fresh broccoli together at the grocery store. Same method for both cameras. What Rollei do you have? Don't the newer ones have a hot shoe? The Rolleis I have are older and don't have a hot shoe. Pocket Wizards are very durable as all of mine still work and they have seen plenty of action!

William Whitaker
24-Feb-2012, 09:22
What's a Pocket Wizard?

wclark5179
24-Feb-2012, 09:27
Hi Will!

Check this out:

http://www.pocketwizard.com/

Have a wonderful weekend!

anglophone1
24-Feb-2012, 09:52
I'm assuming hand held?
You're using the cold shoe on the technika for the viewfinder?
Then an old fashioned screw in flat flash bracket with cold shoe on the tripod bush other side from the grip and stick the PW in the shoe.
My rolleiflex has a cold shoe, try that, if not then as above.
Of course if you're using a Polaroid conversion ;-) then the shoes the wrong size, and might be hard balancing it with an aero ektar!

William Whitaker
24-Feb-2012, 09:52
I'm still not sure what it does. But whatever it is, it's way beyond me.

John NYC
24-Feb-2012, 10:15
I'm still not sure what it does. But whatever it is, it's way beyond me.

A set of products to wirelessly trigger one or multiple flashes.