PDA

View Full Version : Measure your shenhao ptb bellows for me

vinny
23-Feb-2012, 20:00
Can someone measure their PTB bellows at full extension with the front standard removed from the bed? How long from the film plane to the lens board at full stretch?

I know the specs say 390mm max and I've already asked jeff at badger graphic. I need an IR proof bellows for my chamonix that'll do 450mm. I don't use my 450 that often but I'd like to replace my chamonix bellows with something similar. Chamonix doesn't make them and shenhao's bellows are a perfect fit.

Robert Crigan
24-Feb-2012, 04:14
I have a Shen Hao HZX 45. It has the standard bellows and the wide-angle bellows.
What does PTB mean?
I don't understand what you mean when you say remove the front standard from the bed. How can the lens board be measured with the front standard removed? The standard carries the board.
If you can determine that the HZX bellows is the same as that on the PTB I'd be happy to measure it for you.
Robert

Can someone measure their PTB bellows at full extension with the front standard removed from the bed? How long from the film plane to the lens board at full stretch?

I know the specs say 390mm max and I've already asked jeff at badger graphic. I need an IR proof bellows for my chamonix that'll do 450mm. I don't use my 450 that often but I'd like to replace my chamonix bellows with something similar. Chamonix doesn't make them and shenhao's bellows are a perfect fit.

vinny
24-Feb-2012, 05:27
The PTB is a camera with different (longer bellows) their othe 4x5's. Not as popular but very similar to the chamonix.

vinny
24-Feb-2012, 10:45
bump.

vinny
26-Feb-2012, 19:53
C'mon!

Doremus Scudder
27-Feb-2012, 06:33
Maybe a top-hat lensboard for your 450? I use one on my Zone VI to relieve the bellows stretch a bit, works just fine. I imagine all you would need is 3-4 inches. That would allow you to use the PTB bellows even if they are a bit short.

Best,

Doremus

vinny
27-Feb-2012, 07:47
Thanks Doremus but I'd rather not.

vinny
29-Feb-2012, 08:54
Hey ptb owners, got a tape measure?