PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 Fuji Film in Dublin

John Hennessy
30-Nov-2003, 12:32
Going to be in Dublin about 30 days next Summer. Does anyone know where I might buy Fuji positive sheet film? And, does anyone know of a good place to have sheet film developed?

I have flown with film but I'd just as soon avoid the risk if feasible.

Thanks.

mark blackman
30-Nov-2003, 23:42
John, In the past I've contacted Fuji directly to find the address of the local pro stockists and then contacted them - it has always worked! Failing that, you could get film delivered to an address you'll be staying at.

Having said that, I've flown into Ireland several times, carrying film in my jacket poskets (both exposed and unexposed) with no problems.

Rory_3532
1-Dec-2003, 11:31
If you live in North America, you will find that film is significantly more expensive in Ireland. Due to the VAT, processing is likely to be higher as well. I have travelled extensively with film and, like Mark, I have never had a problem with damage from x-rays.

Regina
2-Dec-2003, 16:58
Hi, i am from Ireland. There is a number of places were you can buy in Dublin, i buy in Gunnes photography shop on Wexford street, in Dublin inner city. It is cheaper than alot of other shops. 5x4 velvia fujichrome is around 26 euros, and kodax portra negative film is around 36 euros. Not sure of all fuji's price list.

John Hennessy
4-Dec-2003, 14:25
Regina,

If you remember, is "5x4 velvia fujichrome is around 26 euros" for ten sheets or 50?

Thanks.