PDA

View Full Version : LF Exhibits in London

Ron Bose
30-Nov-2003, 10:01
Hi All,

I'm in London for two weeks on vacation, does any one know of good exhibitions (either permanent or temporary) of photography that are on in the city right now ?

Of course, I'm particularly interested in LF, but failing that I'd like to see anything photo related, except digital ...

andy bettles
30-Nov-2003, 10:29
Ron, You're in luck,At the Focus Gallery in the West end (www.focusgallery.co.uk) there is an exhibition of Bill Brandt's work. A collection of 25 new prints from the original negs on platinum paper,very interesting to compare Brandt's prints with his coarse 'retouching' and high contrast tones with these tonal,rich prints. Also there is quite an interesting exhibition at Photofusion down in Brixton(do a search for website)of abstract colour images. Also(not photography but good light) great installation in the turbine hall at the Tate Modern. Have a good time. Andy.

Jorge Gasteazoro
30-Nov-2003, 10:32
Here are a few photography galleries in London, just get their phone from the phone book and ask.

Art and Photographs gallery, the Photographer's Gallery, Hamiltons, Michael Hoppen Gallery Ltd.

Ron, dont discount digital. If I recall correctly David J Osborne is british and he is doing some beautiful work, B&W prints made on Fuji Crystal Archive.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation, you lucky SOB...:-)

Bob._3483
1-Dec-2003, 03:36
The photography at the Victoria & Albert Museum ("the V&A") is always worth a look. Check www.vam.ac.uk for whatever is on at the moment - they have several themed shows per year - some historical, some contempory.

Cheers,

Ron Bose
2-Dec-2003, 12:38
Thanks guys !