PDA

View Full Version : Sinar f2 accessories and parts?

buggz
10-Feb-2012, 13:50
Hello,
I am a soon to be new owner of a Sinar f2 kit.
I am wondering though, where, besides eBay, can you obtain used accessories and parts?
Do you have favorite links on information about this system?
Thanks!

Leonard Robertson
10-Feb-2012, 18:30
I got a basic 4X5 Sinar Norma off eBay a few months ago. I've added an extension rail, second straight bellows, WA bellows, intermediate standard, and 5 lens boards. Some came from eBay (Auctions. I don't even look at Buy-It-Now stuff usually since it tends to be so overpriced). The rest came from KEH in Atlanta. I've been pleased with what I've gotten from them, although I usually go for the lower graded items, since I don't care much about cosmetic condition.

The best source of Sinar information I've found is the archives of this forum. It takes time, but going back through any posts on Sinar will be a worthwhile education for you.

Len

Alan Gales
10-Feb-2012, 18:33
Ebay is actually a great place to pick up Sinar gear. There is always a ton of Sinar stuff on there. I bought my Sinar P, Sinar shutter, F front standard, extra bellows, etc. off Ebay.

If there is something particular that you want, you can always post an ad on this forum's classified section stating that you are looking for a certain Sinar item. The Sinar tripod head would be an excellent choice!

Congratulations by the way. A Sinar F2 is a great camera!

rdenney
10-Feb-2012, 21:32
Yup. Ebay and KEH. But I've also bought some goodies from folks on this forum.

Sinar, really alone of all the manufacturers, has stayed true to their standard interfaces, and the risk is pretty low that a give part won't work. Occasionally someone will get nailed by the difference between the Norma compendium shade bellows clibs which is different than the clips used for the F and P (because the rod mounts at a different spot). But that's about the worst of it.

I originally bought an F, decided I wanted the geared focus on the front standard, and waited until an F2 front came along at the right price. I liked the way it worked so well that I was open to the idea of an F2 rear standard when it was offered to me. When I adjusted them for alignment, I noticed compatibilities that run deep. I was able to mix and match parts between the F and F2 standards to really tune it up nicely. Most of the stuff comes along at the right price eventually, you just have to be patient and then jump when you see it.

Rick "who'll someday make something fun from those F standards" Denney

Leigh
10-Feb-2012, 23:43
KEH is my first go-to for Sinar stuff. They have a good selection.

So does Igor at www.igorcamera.com

- Leigh

Alan Gales
11-Feb-2012, 01:02
If you play the Ebay game, just be patient and you can get some great deals. I purchased a really nice Sinar F with Sinar shutter and original case with keys for a very good price. Why did I get it cheap? It was missing the Sinar rail clamp which is used to mount the camera to a tripod. I kept the parts that I wanted and will sell the rest.

stradibarrius
18-Apr-2012, 17:03
I am trying to find one of the clear "swing pointers" for my F2 but no luck. Sometimes it is a matter of knowing the correct name for the part. Does any one carry these small parts?

buggz
19-Apr-2012, 09:46
You'd probably have to buy a complete standard?

I am trying to find one of the clear "swing pointers" for my F2 but no luck. Sometimes it is a matter of knowing the correct name for the part. Does any one carry these small parts?

Drew Wiley
19-Apr-2012, 09:56
You can buy parts from Sinar, but will of course pay full new pricing.

Louis Pacilla
19-Apr-2012, 10:24
Here is a link to a pdf file of Sinar System list.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pdf/sinar_code.pdf