PDA

View Full Version : Adox MCC 110 - which developer?

renes
10-Feb-2012, 03:09
I want to make prints on Adox MCC 110 paper. All shots were made with a few meniscus landscape lenses on 120 rolls of Adox CHS 25.

The prints will be done by a friend of mine but he never used MCC 110 (Ilford FB is his favourite paper, I want him to make a few prints with it for comparison with MCC 110). What chemicals/developer would you suggest for MCC 110?

I would also like to give a try to other two papers for comparisons with MCC 110 and Ilford FB, before making final decision which paper looks best to me with these all soft landscape shots (it's one project) but do not have much experience with papers. That's why I would like him to make prints on a few different papers. Are there some which you found work best with soft focus shots? These two next papers I am thinking about is Forte Polywarmtone and Fomatone Classic Cream.

false_Aesthetic
11-Feb-2012, 07:48
I've used Clayton P20, Edwal Platinum II, Edwal Ultra Black and Ilford Warmtone (same film btw).

Dig Ilford 1:9 the most.

Chuck Pere
12-Feb-2012, 09:05
I've been using the Print WA version of the old Agfa Neutol WA.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/9421-Compard-Print-WA-Same-Formula-As-Agfa-Neutol-WA-1.25-Liter?cat_id=301

I still have some Agfa MCC111 and so far I haven't been able to get the Adox MCC110 to look the same. Still working on it. I really like the look of Agfa MCC11 and Neutol WA.

renes
12-Feb-2012, 09:06
Thanks.

Roger Thoms
13-Feb-2012, 23:52
I've been pleased with LPD 1:2 and the selenium

Roger

Peter Yeti
14-Feb-2012, 12:47
I used Agfa MCC 111 in the 90s because we had a contract with Agfa and got the stuff at whole sale price. It's a great paper though I always prefered Ilfobrom FB Galerie by far.

Adox MCC 110 is claimed to be exactly the old Afga MCC 110, even produced on the same machines. The difference to MCC 111 is only that the density curve is more linear in the lights. Both papers are slightly warm tone with excellent grade control. I used to develop it in Neutol NE or WA, most of the time I used NE plus 10% Dokumol working solution. Neutol is also available from Adox and should be the same as the original Agfa stuff.

One reason why I wasn't so creazy about this paper was toning. I use selenium toner for maximum density, contrast, stability, and a wonderful cool tone. MCC turned warm brownish in selenium and this didn't rock my boat.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Eric Biggerstaff
14-Feb-2012, 16:39
Clayton P20 for a more neutral look, Ansco 130 for a warmer tone