PDA

View Full Version : Shen-Hao TFC810A - experience anyone???

mortensen
8-Feb-2012, 10:53
I'm talking about this one: https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3146

Has any of you bought it, used it, loved it, hated it or rubbed its cheeks?
Apart from Badger's info, I'm especially interested in hearing how rigid it is (can the front handle big, heavy wides), how precise the focusing is (rack'n'pinion?) and whether it has individual locks and detents for rise/tilt and shift/swing.

thank you very much... :)

Steven Tribe
8-Feb-2012, 14:16
There is a previous thread - starting with a purchase and stretching over 10 pages (last post 6 june 2010).
I believe there is another version available now which has Sinar fixtures making the use of the Sinar Copal shutter possible.

BillGM
8-Feb-2012, 14:30
I owned the folding version and I loved it. Very well made and solid. For the price, it is a great value. Sold it because I could not afford the cost of shooting color. But I miss the darn thing.

Lachlan 717
8-Feb-2012, 15:18
For what it's worth, I recently emailed Mr Zhang at Shen Hao, asking him whether the HZX810-Classic is actually for sale.

It is showing on their website, but the "original" HZX810 was discontinued.

Let me know if you'd like me to post the reply I get (hopefully) get.

Lachlan 717
8-Feb-2012, 15:19
I believe there is another version available now which has Sinar fixtures making the use of the Sinar Copal shutter possible.

XPO810 would be nice...

mortensen
8-Feb-2012, 23:58
thanks... I did a search (always do before I post new topics), but the specific camera (non-folder) is only briefly described in the end of the thread. And my questions are not adressed in that thread... hence the new thread :)

luis a de santos
9-Feb-2012, 17:20
I have one ,had it for several years.
It is a fine camera, works well, is light and portable and overall the lens choice with its bellows fits my work well.
It is a keeper and a good price.

Luis

mortensen
10-Feb-2012, 03:06
Hi Luis - thanks for your reply. Could you tell me a little bit more?
- how does focusing work? rack'n'pinion, geared and with locks? both front and back focus?
- how does front tilt work? does it have zero detents? individual locks for tilt and rise/fall?
- Are there separate mechanisms for shift and swing? or is it one screw that unlocks both shift and swing? (hate that feature on most field cameras)
- does it have a bail back?
- are there any levels built in?
- how flexible are the bellows at around 150mm extension? In other words, can you max out the movements of a 150 SSXL?

... hope you have time to answer aaaalll these questions, thanks :)

Leonard Metcalf
23-May-2012, 05:46
Bump