PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles

lexybeast
7-Feb-2012, 01:32
Hello everyone! Shot 35mm for years and years (both film and digital), and I'm now interested in learning more about LF photography. Interested in 4x5 b&w portraiture, as well as architectural work.

Any system that would work well for both, or would two cameras be in order for that?

Any links I should check out about getting started?

Thanks all!

BrianShaw
7-Feb-2012, 07:39
Hello everyone! Shot 35mm for years and years (both film and digital), and I'm now interested in learning more about LF photography. Interested in 4x5 b&w portraiture, as well as architectural work.

Any system that would work well for both, or would two cameras be in order for that?

Any links I should check out about getting started?

Thanks all!

Hello from Los Angeles. I use a Cambo monorail that is OK for both portrait and architecture. I also use Speed Graphic type cameras that are acceptable but not particularly outstanding for either. As far as links to information to get you going... read the material on the home page of htis forum. Much of it is old, but still quite valid... and it covers most topics anyone might be interested in.

Michael Clark
7-Feb-2012, 08:55
Hello Lexybeast, welcome to LFPF. Take Brian's advise and check out home page, has a lot of list of cameras and lens and how to do stuff. I do have a 4x5 cheap monorail I'd like to get rid of for lack of use.Give me a PM if interested.

Mike