PDA

View Full Version : Finally... a 90f/8 SA

John Conway
5-Feb-2012, 20:52
I have been driving myself crazy trying to decide which 90mm lens would join my 4x5 lens line up. There are so many for sale, and prices are all over the place, but I decided on a late 90 f/8 super angulon. I waited for the right price and today I scored. She is a nice late version with the thick lettering on the outside of the barrel. It even has the caps.

Frank Petronio
5-Feb-2012, 21:13
Isn't it odd how many people advertise their "mint" lenses and then never have the caps? Makes you wonder how they stored them? If it was always in a draw, how hard is it to keep the caps on?

Peter De Smidt
5-Feb-2012, 21:27
It should be an excellent lens. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the picture you take with it.

John Conway
5-Feb-2012, 21:33
Good point Frank. It amazes me how often the caps are missing. It also bugs me how KEH charges more when the caps are included.

cdholden
5-Feb-2012, 21:38
KEH manages to keep several of them.

John Conway
5-Feb-2012, 21:42
Thanks Pete, I plan on making many images with my 4x5 equipment. Landscape will be at the top of my list. Lately I have been checking out many of the fine landscape images here on the forum. So many great shots.

Frank Bunnik
5-Feb-2012, 23:53
I use that same lens on my Cambo Wide. It delivers excellent results. You will not regret buying it.

All the best, Frank
www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com

akfreak
6-Feb-2012, 00:08
Caps, flanges, rings, They are always missing. I asked the same question before and got a similar result. Sellers keep them to sell them later for more money. It is a BS racket but it is what it is. Good luck with your new lens.

Doremus Scudder
6-Feb-2012, 10:30
FWIW, my 90mm f/8 SA is one of my sharpest lenses, and it fits in a Technika recessed board.

Happy shooting,

Doremus

Leigh
6-Feb-2012, 11:04
It also bugs me how KEH charges more when the caps are included.
Or KEH charges less if the caps are not included. Nicht war?

Why do people always make negative _ass_umptions?

They make a point of telling you whether or not the caps are included.

- Leigh

cdholden
6-Feb-2012, 11:08
It's my experience with KEH that if the caps are included, the glass is in better condition that others offered without caps.

John Conway
6-Feb-2012, 14:59
Leigh, I don't know if your intentions are to directly insult me.If it is, then I will respectfully respond, out of respect to the many fine people on this forum, by saying that if you have a problem with something I say, then respond with respect or do not respond at all. Since I have spent more money purchasing items from Keh than I have on cars in my lifetime, I have every right to comment if I please. My comment was not an "ass umtion" as you disrespectfully referred to as such. I have openly expressed my appreciation for KEH on this forum, Leigh.And since they know my name by the sound of my voice when I call I guess that confirms that I am a regular, returning customer. And well liked I might add. It is people like you that ruin forums and make people want to leave.

Leigh
6-Feb-2012, 15:08
Well, John, since you're a regular customer...

Kindly explain your assertion that they charge more for lenses with caps, rather than less for lenses without caps.

You did present that as a statement of fact, not an opinion (ref post #4).

The reason I'm asking is that your assertion is contrary to my experience.
I was a camera repair tech in a shop that also sold used equipment.
Their method of setting prices was to assume the highest reasonable price for the model, then subtract varying
amounts for problems, deficiencies, and missing items like lens caps, to come up with their actual price.

I thought all used dealers did the same.

- Leigh