PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from Photowarehouse?

tim atherton
20-Nov-2003, 20:59
anyone ever order stuff from photowarehouse in CA?

I placed an order on the web - never heard from them. Emailed - didn't hear back and I haven't been able to get them on the phone.

Steve Sherman
20-Nov-2003, 21:05
I ordered some 7X17 125asa film about 6 months ago. It arrived a short time later with no problems Only had that one experience Good luck

Jay DeFehr
20-Nov-2003, 21:07
I spoke to them the other day about special order film and they said they cut film on a set schedule and it could be awhile before my turn. Maybe they're screening their calls.

Pete Caluori
20-Nov-2003, 21:27
Greetings,

I spoke to them just over two weeks ago and ordered 4x5, 8x10, 11x14 & 12x20 and received it a week later. Perhaps you should call them and ensure your WEB order was received. They're good folks to deal with.

Regards, Pete

Jim Galli
20-Nov-2003, 21:30
Spent $485 with them just before Per Volquartz' workshop a couple of months ago and got great service and I like the film.

John Kasaian
20-Nov-2003, 22:45
Yes, a great outfit, at least thats been my experience. They've got excellent prices, though as previously mentioned the more oddball sizes are cut on a schedule, but over the phone they've given me accurate information on when the cuts were scheduled and how long it would take to get the film. They have a nice catalog, too. Like Ford's Model T, you can get their Ultrafine film in any speed as long as its ISO 125 ;-) -------Cheers!

Roger Hein
21-Nov-2003, 05:40
Tim,

I've been using PW125 for over 3 years now in various sizes (8x10, 11x14, 7x17). Their service has been first rate. I always ask for USPS Priority Mail - costs about the same as 'standard courier' but without the high handling/brokerage fee. How did you have your order shipped? Regular 'air mail' to Canada can be a bit flakey at times.

Cheers, Roger....

jnantz
21-Nov-2003, 07:24
tim:

i've ordered a ton of paper from them and negative duplicating film from them as well. never had a problem. to be honest - i pretty amazed that they shipped so quickly, and only charged a flat fee ($5) to ship 25lbs of paper across the states ups ground. if you leave a message on their machine, leave it for bob - he is the grand-puba :)

-good luck! -john

Andre Noble
21-Nov-2003, 20:59
I actually drove there a couple times from L.A., and they let me pick up a small order at will call. They're in an industrial park. I use freestyle now, which is within walking distance.