PDA

View Full Version : Pyrocat HD with Ilford Delta100 120mm

Guenther
4-Feb-2012, 10:06
Hi all,
has anyone experience with combi pyrocat hd in rotation and ilford delta 100 as rollfilm?
Developing time, rotation speed and so on..
I would appreciate for any responses about this item.

Matus Kalisky
4-Feb-2012, 10:28
I have not done rotation development, but I did quite some invertion development with following setting:
-exposed at EI for Delta - about 80
- Pyrocat HD 1:1:100
- dev. time: 8-9 minutes
- 4 inversions every minute + continuos agitation for the first 30 - 45 seconds
- temperature 20 - 21 degrees.

With rotation I would went down a bit with the dev. time by a minute or 2. Just a guess.

IanG
4-Feb-2012, 10:33
I use Pyrocat HD with Delta 100 @80EI 1+1+100 in a Jobo inversion tank but unlike Matus my times are 15 minutes at 20°C agitation is about the same.

In a rotary tank that drop by 10-20%

Ian

hmf
4-Feb-2012, 11:11
One responder uses an 8-9 minute developing time; the other: 15minutes. As good a rationale as I can think of for doing one's own testing!

sanking
4-Feb-2012, 11:30
One responder uses an 8-9 minute developing time; the other: 15minutes. As good a rationale as I can think of for doing one's own testing!

Doing one's own testing is always a good approach. People develop film for many different types of printing and/or scanning, with widely varying methods of development.

Sandy

IanG
6-Feb-2012, 02:07

As Sandy King says testing is important, there's not only variations in the way we use developers and the required contrast/densities but variations in equipment both at the taking stage, meters, shutter accuracy but also thermometers timers etc.

So my 15 mins is based on my own testing for normal Silver gelatin printing with a colour head enlarger.

Ian