PDA

View Full Version : Soligor Meter Problem

young-pete
3-Feb-2012, 16:30
Hello, I am new to the forum it looks like quite a rich source of knowledge! I recently found a Soligor Spot Meter however, with a new battery the reading starts out as all 8's then slowly flickers into the appropriate reading. This can take a couple minutes which can be frustrating. Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Peter

Michael Clark
3-Feb-2012, 18:00
Check to see if there is any corrosion on the battery terminals.

Mike

LynnRB
3-Feb-2012, 18:35
Push the little red button next to the trigger then pull the trigger, the the readout should zero as a battery check. Lynn

young-pete
3-Feb-2012, 21:28
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated. I tried both of the above suggestions, but it seems to slowly be getting better. Perhaps the electronics are old and have not been used for a while. Either way I will keep using it and hope it works itself out.

RichardRitter
4-Feb-2012, 06:12
Bad battery. Get a new one when the meter reads 88.8 it is telling you the battery is almost dead and is time to change it.

ki6mf
4-Feb-2012, 07:19
And if it needs repair send it to Richard Ritter for repair!

young-pete
5-Feb-2012, 18:14
I initially thought this was the problem so I put in a brand new duracell and I am still having these issues. Is there anything else you know of to cause this?

Bad battery. Get a new one when the meter reads 88.8 it is telling you the battery is almost dead and is time to change it.

RichardRitter
6-Feb-2012, 06:11
I initially thought this was the problem so I put in a brand new duracell and I am still having these issues. Is there anything else you know of to cause this?
Some one may have tried to adjust the meter and turned the voltage pod. Also I would also try another battery from a different store.

IanG
6-Feb-2012, 06:20
It can be bad contacts in the meter switch, I have the same issue with a Capital meter (same meter).

Ian

E. von Hoegh
6-Feb-2012, 08:00

Clean the battery contacts. Test the battery you are using.