PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Film Holder Bag

Pawlowski6132
2-Feb-2012, 14:26
So, I thought I'd give THIS (http://www.ebay.com/itm/120788875061?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)a try. What did I have to lose.

Well, I got it today and I think it's perfect. It's a thick neoprene and the top snaps over the top VERY snugly. I'm going to buy a couple more tonight.

Or, you can spend 10x more on other offerings.

Aled Hughes
2-Feb-2012, 14:38
I have been using mine for a few months, they are really well made, highly recommended.

jeroldharter
2-Feb-2012, 17:39
Looks like each one holds two holders?

Is it so snug that pulling a single holder out is difficult?

Would be a nice feature to have a loop strap to hang it from the tripod.

Fred L
2-Feb-2012, 17:49
great, something else to buy now ;)

and they have them for 4x5 as well

Lachlan 717
2-Feb-2012, 17:55
Is there something in between the holders to stop them rubbing?

Thanks,

atlcruiser
8-Feb-2012, 06:01
I almost got one....I was worried about the lack of zipper or velcro. Does it seal up well?
I have the photobackpacker ones and I am in love with them!

Songyun
8-Feb-2012, 08:22
I got a built NY for laptop with zip, fits one holder very well.

jeroldharter
14-Feb-2012, 21:17
I picked up a few of these. Have not used them in the field, but first galnce is so-so. They are quite heavy. I don't think they will work well with antistatic envelopes. They would work best if you need just 1-2 holders. The photobackpacker holder is far and away superior, and lighter.

icanthackit
20-Feb-2012, 18:29
I saw this and thought I'd ask...What's wrong with just using a backpack and what should one look for or avoid when finding a place to keep film holders?

jeroldharter
20-Feb-2012, 19:43
I saw this and thought I'd ask...What's wrong with just using a backpack and what should one look for or avoid when finding a place to keep film holders?

Nothing wrong with a backpack if that is what you have. However, the more secured your film holders, the less mischief with dust or inadvertantly pulled darkslides or fogging.

The Photobackpacker 8x10 is really nice because you can put 3 holders in individual zippered pocket. I put mine in an antistatic envelope in the zippered pouch. The holder can hang from a tripod so the holders are at the ready. Also it is easy to separate exposed from unexposed holders if you are working with several.

Light Guru
20-Feb-2012, 20:33
I have one of the 4x5 versions and was thinking of getting a few more.

Noah B
1-Mar-2012, 08:51
I got lucky at a thrift store one day and found this bag for a dollar that fits 6 8x10 holders snugly and is padded.

Here is a link to it - http://cargo-organizer-info.blogspot.com/2011/08/autotour-modular-solutions-cargo.html

I have the yellow one, and it fits 6 holders (in the darkslide up, darkslide down manner) perfectly. I'm not sure where to find them, but if you do they work great.