PDA

View Full Version : Old Rodenstock Lens Catalogue?

Hugo Zhang
2-Feb-2012, 12:44
I am trying to search for some information about early, let's say 1890s to 1910s, Rodenstock lenses and the only thing that has come out in English is one in 1912. What were the portrait lenses they made in those years? Petzval? RR?

Anybody in Europe has access to their early catalogues?

Thanks.

cdholden
2-Feb-2012, 23:03
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=58711

Hugo Zhang
3-Feb-2012, 10:13
That was a nice link. But I am looking for something earlier from Rodenstock, especially their brass portrait lenses. Something like "Portrait Objektiv".

Louis Pacilla
3-Feb-2012, 20:26
Hey Hugo

You have probably seen this. It's from the Vade Mecum

This is what it says. Not much really.

"Portrait Lenses
Portrait Moment Objective f3.5 Petzval Portrait Lens This was available in 1908, and was the
Portrait suggestion, along with the Eurygonal and Heligonal.
Lumar This was an early Gauss type lens, made by 1908, Q16 type.
Heligonal f5.2 This was an early use of the trade name on an anastigmat type lens, Layout Rod001.
There is a risk of confusion here as the name was reused later for a symmetrical anastigmat. It was
discontinued by 1926. The lens Frerk refers to was probably Rod 006, App058, a lens of type 2+4 design for
70-90°. Frerk liked it and notes that the rear cell can be used as a well corrected f12 on its own. It is also
illustrated in Kerkmann, p229."

"Portrait Moment lens f3.5 } These may in fact be the same lens but Portrait Moment is what Frerk also
uses as a German description and may be the preferred. And see above.
Studio Rapid f3.5 } They were made in 140-480mm."

Maybe this will help?

lenser
3-Feb-2012, 22:32
Seth's Cameraeccentic.com website as a 1912 Rodenstock catalog showing at least some brass lenses. Is that the same one you have already found?

Hugo Zhang
4-Feb-2012, 08:32
Seth's Cameraeccentic.com website as a 1912 Rodenstock catalog showing at least some brass lenses. Is that the same one you have already found?

Yes, I have seen that catalog and my lens was not there. It is brass lens and has "Portrait Objektiv" written on the barrel.