PDA

View Full Version : Fix buckled/concave RA4 paper without mounting?

SeanEsopenko
29-Jan-2012, 11:37
Does anybody know any ways to correct buckled/warped RA4 paper without mounting? I don't have a dry mount press so mounting the prints aren't an option.

I normally dry my prints on home made drying racks. I lay them face down on the window screen material of the racks. I never get any issues but this one batch of prints dried warped, sort of concave in the center.

I've tried re-washing and re-drying one but that didn't help. The screen material isn't as tight as it used to be so it's slightly concave itself. I'm hanging a print to dry to see if that's going to help. This is starting to get VERY worrying because I have a show in a week and none of the local framing shops will be able to dry mount the work in time for the show.

vinny
29-Jan-2012, 11:39
you don't need a mounting press to mount with PMA. See if you can get ahold of a roll locally, it's not that expensive and easy to work with.

SeanEsopenko
29-Jan-2012, 11:41
you don't need a mounting press to mount with PMA. See if you can get ahold of a roll locally, it's not that expensive and easy to work with.

How archival is the stuff? The work's editioned and will be for sale.

SeanEsopenko
29-Jan-2012, 15:23
I soaked the prints in photo flo for about 1.5 minutes and laid them out on glass, face up, to dry. It got most of the buckling out to the point where you'd have to be looking for it to see it. Phew...

Vaughn
29-Jan-2012, 15:30
Interesting fix! Thanks.

Vaughn