PDA

View Full Version : 165mm goerz dogmar

ronald lamarsh
17-Nov-2003, 10:10
Does anyone know if this will cover 5x7?

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
17-Nov-2003, 11:24
Doubtful. I think they only cover about 60-65 degrees.

Tracy Storer
17-Nov-2003, 11:35
I have a 6" Goerz American Optical Dogmar. Just popped it on the 5x7, and it will illuminate the corners, but it's pretty dreamy out there. The 165 might get a little farther. Best,

Leonard Metcalf
15-Jul-2006, 19:33
I have just found one of these lenses in my fathers stuff. The compur shutter isn't working, but over all the lens is in good condition. Is it worth getting mounted in a shutter and using? What are the qualities of this lens?

Capocheny
15-Jul-2006, 19:54
I have just found one of these lenses in my fathers stuff. The compur shutter isn't working, but over all the lens is in good condition. Is it worth getting mounted in a shutter and using? What are the qualities of this lens?

Leonard,

Compur shutters are generally quite reliable. Before re-mounting it into another shutter... I'd suggest you send it into a competent repair person and inquire as to what they'd recommend.

As for using it... I'm sure some of the other posters may have an opinion. I've not used this lens before.

Cheers

Leonard Metcalf
15-Jul-2006, 23:05
How much skill is required to take apart and repair a compur shutter. It is one of those early dial models. I have found instructions which can be purchased for a fee. Does anyone know of any exploded views that may available? I notice one poster suggest washing it in metho which I will try.

Ole Tjugen
16-Jul-2006, 03:07
There's a free instruction for simple repairs of dial-set Compurs online somewhere.

Ah, here it is! http://www.davidrichert.com/dial_set_compur.htm

The dial sets are simple and reliable, and even easy to fix. Give it a go, I've done all of mine.

BTW, the 165mm Dogmar was intended as a normal lens for "Postkartengrösse" or 10x15cm. They should not quite cover 5x7".

Leonard Metcalf
17-Jul-2006, 03:25
Thanks for that link Ole. I opened it up, and discovered one of the arms is broken clean off. Did manage to free up the shutter though. Now looking for a replacement shutter or for spare parts.