PDA

View Full Version : Gossen Color Pro 3f help needed

Peter Fotes
26-Jan-2012, 08:32
Hello everyone. I need a bit of guidance with this meter I just purchased from eBay. It didn't come with a manual and I didn't think I would need one but I can't understand what the meaning of the lower right column (cc) is. For example if I set the desired temp at 5000° k and then measure a light source that measures exactly 5000° k the lower left hand column will correctly display ± 0 mired but the right hand lower column will display 25 M and I don't understand why. I'm sure many people have the answer and I also wonder if you would advise buying a reprint of the manual. Thanks you.

Sevo
26-Jan-2012, 08:49
It is a full three-colour meter, and gives correction factors for colour compensation (green/magenta balance, CC) in addition to the basic colour temperature (orange/blue balance, CB) of a two-cell meter. You need both filters - more so than ever, as almost everything is converting to fluorescent (CFL) light by now, which tends to have major shifts along that axis, while incandescent only had CB shift.

And why buy a reprint? Gossen still have the manual for download: http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/ba_colormaster2f3f_e.pdf

Peter Fotes
26-Jan-2012, 09:21
Thank you Sevo! You can't imagine how many hours I spent looking for this manual!