PDA

View Full Version : substrate options for 6'x10' print?

Michael Roberts
24-Jan-2012, 08:56
Any suggestions for substrate options for a 6'x10' print? Many of the usual materials max out at 4'x8' or 5'x10'.

If one solid piece of substrate is not an option, what are your preferred methods for joining substrate pieces to form a larger sheet?

I'm not interested in canvas. I'm looking for the flatest substrate possible on which to mount a photographic print.

Thanks,
Michael

bob carnie
24-Jan-2012, 09:10
You may want to contact EM Plastics or someone like that. They have oversize Plexi in Rolls and Diabond. You will need to find a mounting facility that can handle oversize. The largest laminator/mounter that we can offer is 60 inch platform which is pretty common.
When you get into oversize, you may require a more commercial vendor who may not be as quality control orientated.

Duggal in New York would be my first phone call as I believe they have a 72 inch Ra4 processor and have been known to work with oversize.

Be sitting down when you get pricing.

Any suggestions for substrate options for a 6'x10' print? Many of the usual materials max out at 4'x8' or 5'x10'.

If one solid piece of substrate is not an option, what are your preferred methods for joining substrate pieces to form a larger sheet?

I'm not interested in canvas. I'm looking for the flatest substrate possible on which to mount a photographic print.

Thanks,
Michael

greenrhino
24-Jan-2012, 11:29
You can definitely get Plexi or Aluminum in that size and I'm pretty sure Dibond is available too at 72"x 120" I would expect the price to be between 2000-3500 depending on what you choose. Good Luck!