PDA

View Full Version : How about some articles for the lfphoto.info page ?

QT Luong
14-Nov-2003, 18:23
I've noticed in the past few days a number of fairly expended postings,
such as "Charles P. Farmer Workshop", "Newbie Impressions of Wisner Flight",
"Some observations on a 4x5 outfit for travelling". Those are great, thank
you for sharing with everybody in detail !

I was thinking that it wouldn't take much effort (if any)
to transform such postings into
an article that could be permanently linked from the lfphoto.info main page.
Instead of using the comment mechanism currently in use, we could open a new
forum thread for each of these expended postings. This way, we could have both
the instant lively feedback, and the long term visibility.

What do you think ?
If anyone is interested in contributing this way, please let me know !

Ernest Purdum
14-Nov-2003, 18:37
Would you be interested in hosting an article on soft-focus lenses?

QT Luong
14-Nov-2003, 18:45
Anything that you think is interesting would be welcome. A product, book, or workshop review, a technical article, a trip report... By the way, I apologize for not having written much recently, while encouraging others to do so. The amount of work I had to put on my personal photo site, terragalleria.com, has been overwhelming. I'll try to write a few new articles too.

David R Munson
14-Nov-2003, 19:36
Sounds like a good idea to me. Once I get back to MO I'm going to start an extended series of tests toning Azo (which I could make into a tech article when I finish eventually), and I swear I'll get that review of the 8x10 'Dorff finished one of these days. More articles would be a good thing.

Ken Cravillion
15-Nov-2003, 00:34
Once Badger gets their new "Badger Brand" cameras, Jeff has agreed to let me review them when they come out and I'd love to share that info here.

Mike Troxell
15-Nov-2003, 10:07
Off subject:

Ken, I noticed the new "badger brand" listing at badger. What exactly is it supposed to be? Their own brand of camera apparently but anything different about it?

Ken Cravillion
15-Nov-2003, 11:56
I think they are similar types that we are used to but at cheaper prices. In the works are an aluminum monorail and field camera (don't know about material). They aren't too heavy from what I've been told either. The cameras are made to Jeff's specs by a good company in China. Don't know the name.

I'll let the list and lf info know when I get them...

Mike Troxell
15-Nov-2003, 15:05
"The cameras are made to Jeff's specs by a good company in China. Don't know the name. "

Made by a company in China, made to Jeff's specs, Badger's already carries the 4x5 Shen-Hao but efforts by several people (myself included) have been unable to get Jeff to carry the Shen-Hao 8x10....hmmmm. I wonder what the chances are that Badger has made a deal to have the same people as make the Shen-Hao make a similar camera for them (as in the deal Wisner/Zone VI had at one point)?

Ken Cravillion
15-Nov-2003, 15:20
I do remember he said it was not Shen Hao. I only live 20 minutes away and am there once or twice a month... Wish I had more info...

Mike Troxell
15-Nov-2003, 16:30
Too bad. I was really hopeing for a cheap (even cheaper?, whatever) version of the Shen-Hao 8x10.

darter
15-Nov-2003, 17:50
I myself would be eager to read Mr. Purdum's proposed contribution.

Paul Kierstead
17-Nov-2003, 11:46
As an author of one of the mentioned messages, I don't believe it is informative or useful enough to appear on the pages here, but I would be happy to polish it slightly and put it up that way if it was felt to be a contribution; I find this site very strong on community contribution and will do my part, even if I don't think it is entirely worthwhile (IMO). Sorry for the "false humility" sound, but really....an impression of a camera from someone who knows nothing is sort of like the blind leading the blind...