PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 3005 + Tetenal questions

PaulSchneider
11-Jan-2012, 00:09
Hi guys,

I've been reading up on processing C41 8x10 at home and still have some quesitons I cannot find answers for. So thank you for helping:

My quesions are:

when using a Jobo 3005

a) what is the minimal amount of developer one should use when developing 2-3 sheets of 8x10 to insure even development?

b) when using the uniroller setup without a temparature controlled bath of a dedicated processor - will the temperature stay stable enough during the rotation process? Since developing temps. are so critical in C-41, I would imagine that temperature drops while agitating at room temperature which is below the chemical's temperature at the time they get filled in the expert drum? Or is this a non-issue if at the beginning of the agitation process und the uniroller the temperature is perfect?

c) What is the easiest way to get the chemicals to exactly 102 degrees?

d) what part of the tetenal chemicals are reusable? I read everything 2-4 times, but someone told me it is advisable to always use new developer?

Thank you for your help in claryfing these points to me!

Kind regards

Paul

vinny
11-Jan-2012, 00:36
500ml is what I use, no reason to use less.
yes, the temp is critical. i use a jobo cpp2 but folks have devised other methods to keep the drum warm. one is to preheat the drum by rolling it in a hot water bath. the other is by using a pre-rinse of distilled water that's 102 degrees. third is rotating the drum by hand while floating on top of a hot water bath.
you can re-use the developer but you may want to add time-search this here as it's been covered to death. re-use the bleach too. with 8x10, I wouldn't re-use the developer, or any of it since it's $10/sheet and you're not using that much chemicals to start with.

Vaughn
11-Jan-2012, 00:55
Right on the drum it says the minimum amount of liquid in the 3005 is about 250ml (not exact -- my drums are up in the darkroom).