PDA

View Full Version : Simma Tank and rings..

Cor
10-Jan-2012, 07:31
I have this Simma Sinus Wave Roller and a Simma 30*40cm drum, wich I decided to try last week for processing 30*40 cm FB paper. (I believe the same system was alos sold under the name Chromega)

Since my darkroom is rather small a roller base and tank is tempting, also less chemistry is needed. If I do a bigger series I use my NOVA vertical processor (which I have to dig out from the attic).

My question is: the drum came with 3 black rings which can move easily up and down the length of the tank. If you put the tank on the roller base spinning were should these rings be. I assumed one in the middle (there are 2 ridges on the roller, and that ring nicely runs in between those), and the 2 others close to both lids?

and how much chemistry should one use for one 30*40 print? I used 500ml for each step, and a second fix step after taking out the FB paper from the drum.

Thanks & best,

Cor

johnielvis
10-Jan-2012, 08:45
I got the manual for these tubes....email me to remind me and I'll take a pic of the manuals and email them back to you..

email = johnielvis@aol.com

sully75
10-Jan-2012, 11:40
I think there is only supposed to be one ring per drum. Maybe whoever you bought them from put the two rings for another drum onto yours. The purpose is to run down the groove in the motor base, as you said. They will work without them, but you have to keep an eye on them because they will fall off sometimes.

Cor
11-Jan-2012, 00:56
Spot on, Sully!

Thanks to John I obtained the manual, he asked me to try to attach it for further reference!

Thanks again folks,

Best,

Cor

I think there is only supposed to be one ring per drum. Maybe whoever you bought them from put the two rings for another drum onto yours. The purpose is to run down the groove in the motor base, as you said. They will work without them, but you have to keep an eye on them because they will fall off sometimes.