PDA

View Full Version : Adox CHS Art film?

John Conway
9-Jan-2012, 15:01
I really dig most of the black and white fashion photography of the 1950s, and especially the 1960s. There is a certain characteristic look, deep contrast and really snappy overall look to those images.I guess growing up in the sixties ( I am a tail end baby boomer) there is a connection that younger people can't relate too. So, I came across this Adox film that is described as having that 50s and 60s look. I think I'll give it a try.

Steve Hamley
9-Jan-2012, 15:05
A friend uses the 50 speed and says it has that "look".

Cheers, Steve

hendrik faure
10-Jan-2012, 02:14
I use and like the film. do not overexpose. do not overdevelop.
hendrik

Roger Cole
10-Jan-2012, 07:29
How's quality control?

Also, any experience with the 120 roll film? Does it have the extra strong curl that some off brand films have?

sultanofcognac
10-Jan-2012, 08:01
I use both CHS 25 and 50, and use their developer as well. The softness of the 25 when slightly overexposed is almost ethereal. I'd highly recommend watching your times when developing though :cool:

pergorm
10-Jan-2012, 13:33
I use and like the film. do not overexpose. do not overdevelop.

I agree... I have used the film with condenser light and with diffused light and like it best with condenser light.

How's quality control?

I have had issues with the film... Spots in the emulsion that was not caused by me processing the film. However overall i like it and i am still using it.

Regards
Per Jorgensen

Scotty230358
11-Jan-2012, 01:10
How's quality control?

Also, any experience with the 120 roll film? Does it have the extra strong curl that some off brand films have?

I have used a fair bit of Adox CHS25 in roll film and the emulsion is extremely soft when it comes out of the wash. It needs very careful handling when wet.