PDA

View Full Version : Final Rinse - Ilfotol

Dan95
8-Jan-2012, 06:08
Hi. How do you do your final rinse in Ilfotol ?

I recently developed a roll of 135mm Tri X, and it had many watermarks on it.

I was taught by someone to ( final rinse ) fill in tank with water, put a few drops of wetting agent ( 1:400 ). Then invert the tank 15 times. It'll come out bubbly. Then extract negative from reel, dip fingers in wetting agent and run fingers through negatives.

David R Munson
8-Jan-2012, 06:53
Sounds about right, but two things:

1. Depending on the water, you may need less or more wetting agent to achieve desired effect of spot-free drying.

2. Don't run your fingers over the negatives. They'll dry just fine, probably even better, if you don't do it. It's just asking for scratches and other unwanted crap on your film.

Dan95
8-Jan-2012, 08:41
Oh crud, just found a 3 inch fine scratch on a negative. Probably occurred while i ran my fingers over the negatives!

Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir
17-Jan-2012, 23:13
Dan95 if you can find the wetting agent, please sell me one :) Mine running out.

Dan95
26-Jan-2012, 21:56
Dang, you shouldve told me ! I couldve given you some.

@ Update

Developed 2 rolls uesterday, this time didnt use my fingers to run throuhg the film

ki6mf
27-Jan-2012, 05:48
I would put the wetting agent in a separate tank well in advance of the final immersion to let the agent disperse in the water then not do any inversion as it can create bubbles which can dry on the film requiring a separate washing to remove. I would never squeegee or take the water off the wet negative as its easily scratched when wet. The wetting agent will cause even drying and drip of the end of the film when hanging up. Remember to put weight on the bottom of the film when hanging up.

Dan95
27-Jan-2012, 10:26
Dang!

Ive been agitating MORE for more bubbles!