PDA

View Full Version : Apple airport extreme recommendations?

chassis
5-Jan-2012, 14:27
Hello,

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Lounge or here. What is everyone's opinion of the Apple airport extreme wireless router? I have a 7 yr old Linksys router that seems to be giving up the ghost. We are a mac household so compatibility is not an issue. I like Apple products, but want the best router possible in the under $200 price range. Thanks.

karl french
5-Jan-2012, 15:23
Mine's been going strong for 5 years. I've been very happy with it. Easy to set up.

The only problem I've had with it is when Apple made some changes to the firmware and it subsequently stopped getting along as well with an external hard drive I had attached to it.

Kirk Gittings
5-Jan-2012, 15:34
Mine has been going strong for probably 4 years. It is much more dependable than the Lynksys routers I used before that. I added a Airport Express last week to extend the range to another building on our property-super simple installation and works like a charm.

Lenny Eiger
5-Jan-2012, 15:46
Fantastic.

Lenny

Ben Hopson
5-Jan-2012, 15:50
I have only had mine for a few months, but it is great so far.

Ben

Fred L
5-Jan-2012, 17:17
No probs with mine either.

Capocheny
5-Jan-2012, 19:01
Have had mine for about 6 years... great piece of equipment and will replace with same if my current unit heads down the tube!

Cheers

Capocheny
6-Jan-2012, 16:08
Just a follow-up... you'll enjoy reading this brief article from a person who can probably afford and get whatever she wants!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briancaulfield/2012/01/03/googles-marissa-mayer-recommends-apples-routers/

Cheers

Peter Gomena
6-Jan-2012, 18:44
Ours works just fine for both the household Macs and wireless connections to our TV and the kids' video game machine. We've had it about two years.

Peter Gomena