PDA

View Full Version : New from New Zealand

cjnielsen
4-Jan-2012, 01:52
Hi all

My New Year's resolution is to finally get a LF kit, I've been putting it off for far too long!

So here I am. New and from New Zealand, which sort of rhymes. Anyway, I don't have any LF gear yet, but I'm dead keen to make it happen. I currently shoot with an RB67, and I am really looking forward to making the jump to 4x5. Should be a lot of fun!

Ok, enough from me, I am going to shut up and go shopping for a camera :-)

Cheers

Chris

ecoleica
4-Jan-2012, 03:52
Hey Chris...welcome! I have only just recently started with a 4x5 camera myself. Glad to see that there are other kiwis interested in these wonderful big cumbersome cameras. Give me a buzz if you ever need some advice or info about gear and whatnot.

Steve

cjnielsen
4-Jan-2012, 03:57
Thanks Steve!

Chris C
4-Jan-2012, 04:25
From one New Zealand Chris to another, welcome aboard!
There's a surprising amount of us shooting LF here, but it feels like a lonely road at first. I set up a flickr group a little while ago in the hope to bring a few more people out of the woodwork. It's kind of worked. Have a look if you're interested http://www.flickr.com/groups/nzlf/ and keep up with the search for your first set up!

cjnielsen
4-Jan-2012, 04:27
Cool, thanks will have a squiz at that.

Richard K.
4-Jan-2012, 07:53
Cool, thanks will have a squiz at that.

Is that kind of language allowed on this forum?!? :D

Welcome!!

I had a great time in New Zedland (I'm in Canada so we say zed instead of zee :rolleyes: ) back in the 80s - wonderful place. Aside from all the great landcape, I thoroughly enjoyed photographing the Art Deco in Napier, Lower Hutt (or was it Upper), etc. etc.

r.e.
4-Jan-2012, 10:23
When I was in Auckland, I stayed at the Hilton on Princess Wharf. First day, I got up early in the morning, went out on the balcony and was greeted by a spectacular view with one of the ferries coming into the city. Got a nice photograph with a digital camera, but I would have loved to have had my 4x5 with me. If anyone takes that shot, I'd love to see it.

Vaughn
4-Jan-2012, 11:29
I was in NZ for a couple photo trips back in the 80's (one for 3 months and another for 5.5 months) -- but I never saw Richard there! I don't think I ever saw a view camera being used, other than mine, while I was there.

Welcome, Chris! Good luck finding a camera set-up!

Vaughn

mdm
4-Jan-2012, 12:50
Good luck and have fun.

MIke Sherck
4-Jan-2012, 14:43
There's enough in New Zealand for many lifetimes of photography. Welcome to the addiction!

Mike

Gary Tarbert
10-Jan-2012, 05:55
Hi all

My New Year's resolution is to finally get a LF kit, I've been putting it off for far too long!

ChrisHi Chris, So your new years resolution is to get more resolution:) Welcome , I may be your way in October /November . Cheers Gary

cosmicexplosion
10-Jan-2012, 06:31
well if your into extreme nature your in the right spot.

i looked down a giza blow hole thingy once in rota rua? (i was only 16 at the time)

not smart, but a few seconds between bursts of bright yellow smell stuff, gave me a peak.

what i loved about nz is it is so extreme from scene to scene, mind blowing stuff.

oh and those freakin mountens called men who live there

and the green muscles,

and the...

and the....

cosmicexplosion
10-Jan-2012, 06:31
oh yeah, welcome to the for um...

cjnielsen
11-Jan-2012, 00:10
Wicked!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!