PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Quick Socket

Light Guru
3-Jan-2012, 23:51
I just purchased a Schneider 150 from ebay and it came pre mounted on a lens board with a cable release socket I have never used before.

I did some research and I believe it is a Linhof Quick Socket, however I cannot seem to find a cable release that definitely connects to it or an adapter from a standard cable release.

Does anyone know where one can be obtained?

Thanks!

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2012, 02:43
Linhof cable releases which can be ordered from most camera stores. The nipple for the cable release is available from Linhof service. In the USA that is Marflex.

Light Guru
4-Jan-2012, 08:03
Thanks for the reply. I looked at some linhof cable releases online and I just could not tell from the photos if the connection was the same or different.

Pete Roody
4-Jan-2012, 08:21
Bob,

Do you need a separate 'nipple' if you use a linhof cable?

Linhof cable releases which can be ordered from most camera stores. The nipple for the cable release is available from Linhof service. In the USA that is Marflex.

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2012, 08:42
Bob,

Do you need a separate 'nipple' if you use a linhof cable?

Yes, for best results. Or you can buy a threadless Linhof cable release from Marflex that has the nipple permently attached. That way you don't lose the nipple if it unscrews accidentily.

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2012, 08:59
Thanks for the reply. I looked at some linhof cable releases online and I just could not tell from the photos if the connection was the same or different.

Same or different then what?

Light Guru
4-Jan-2012, 10:36
Same or different then what?

From the stand are connection that my other lenses and 35 mm camera use.

Bob Salomon
4-Jan-2012, 10:37

The shape of the nipple and the space between the nipple and the metal grommet provide the lock. The differences are not apparent by looking at pictures.

Light Guru
6-Jan-2012, 22:49
Well I'm still waiting to hear back from marflex.

The physical connection on the lens bored is so physically different then a standard cable release connection one would think that you could tell by a photo of the cable.

If anyone has a link to where a cable release for the Linhof Quick Socket can be purchased that would be awsome.

mpirie
7-Jan-2012, 01:34
I'm not sure where you'd get one in the US, but they are available in the UK.

Here's a link to a useful site showing the component parts of the Linhof (albeit on a recessed board).... http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/recessed_lensboard/

Mike

Bob Salomon
7-Jan-2012, 03:23
Well I'm still waiting to hear back from marflex.

The physical connection on the lens bored is so physically different then a standard cable release connection one would think that you could tell by a photo of the cable.

If anyone has a link to where a cable release for the Linhof Quick Socket can be purchased that would be awsome.

We stock them and any camera store in the USA can order them from us. Some do stock them regularly as well. What you need from Marflex is the threadless nipple or the Linhof release without threads.

We stock the Linhof releases in lengths up to 40".

Bob Salomon
7-Jan-2012, 03:24

They will still work on your 35mm cameras and other lenses when you take the threadless nipple off of the release.