PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid copal diaphragm prob

anglophone1
3-Jan-2012, 13:15
I have a really nice Schneider 90mm f6.8 bought from another forum member.
It's mounted in a Polaroid copal (1??) press shutter.
Recently the diaphragm has stopped working and fixing it is beyond me (unless someone has quick fix?)
Best to get a repair (where??) or to just find another shutter?

johnielvis
3-Jan-2012, 14:35
hmmmm the polaroid copal press shutters I have--the diaphragms are spring-return to closed.....there's a little arm on the back of the shutter that you should see a spring attached to.....set the aperture all the way closed....it should be locked open???? if so, press down on that arm and it will close down--your finger takes the place of the spring...it should open up with regular lever action.....

it may be just tight and need working to loosen it or cleaning/lubing??? if the shutter is busted, then get another shutter or get it fixed i guess

anglophone1
4-Jan-2012, 11:05
hmmmm the polaroid copal press shutters I have--the diaphragms are spring-return to closed.....there's a little arm on the back of the shutter that you should see a spring attached to.....set the aperture all the way closed....it should be locked open???? if so, press down on that arm and it will close down--your finger takes the place of the spring...it should open up with regular lever action.....

it may be just tight and need working to loosen it or cleaning/lubing??? if the shutter is busted, then get another shutter or get it fixed i guess

Found the arm, moving it to either end doesn't make anything else move!
I think these can be got fairly cheaply, but no cheap ones on the auction site right now.....

johnielvis
4-Jan-2012, 14:29
yeah...when you want em they aint there.....

when you don't tons cheap