PDA

View Full Version : Schneider f5.6 135mm Componon mounting on to a Beseler 45MXT turret

Steve Feldman
2-Jan-2012, 13:57
Hi - I have a question regarding mounting a Schneider-Kreuznach Componon f5.6 135mm enlarger lens (silver barrel) on to the Beseler 45MXT lens turret. I have made a temporary adapter to permit mounting the lens to the turret using the mounting ring of the lens. This arrangement now holds the lens in proper position on the turret, however the rear element of the lens extends too far into the rear of the turret and will not permit the turret to turn. My question is what adapter(s)(?) will move the lens down to clear the rear casting of the turret and permit normal use. I've contacted Beseler Corp. and they report that they do not have an adapter for that lens/turret combination.

Thank You and Happy New Year.

~Steve

banjo
2-Jan-2012, 14:46
that is the problum with the Turret you have to use the lenses that they where made for to get them to work!!
my Nikor 50mm has the same thing can't use it on the Turret!
also can't use the filter Drow on my 23C if I use that 50mm!!

Leigh
2-Jan-2012, 14:59
There is a special board made for longer lenses. It consists of two boards, one of which mounts in the turret, and a second on which the lens is mounted, spaced some distance from the first. The spacing provides an effect extension to the bellows.

This is what I use for my longer lenses even though I don't use the turret, and it works fine.

- Leigh

ic-racer
2-Jan-2012, 18:33
You could look into a 150 Componon-S with a rear-element mounting thread like this:
http://www.rockycameras.com/ekmps/shops/rockcameras/images/schneider-componon-s-150mm-5[ekm]666x499[ekm].6-lens-39.99-11951-p.jpg