PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika mirror viewfinder?

Former Member 8144
31-Dec-2011, 05:12
I've picked up a Technika IV with added mods such as top body flap, ratchet rise, etc.
Has some foibles but it was a good price and has a great feel about it...just one of those cameras.

Would like to pick up a viewfinder for it. Have seen a metal fold out type around (and her used that type before on other cameras) but wanted to ask first how people find the right angle mirror viewfinder in use before I make the choice. Extra bulk of reflex is not an issue to me.

Thanks,
Marc

Bob Salomon
31-Dec-2011, 05:32
You mean that you bought a IV that someone added the top flap to and the crank? Or did you buy a V that someone added a top flap to? Or did you but a Master?

Former Member 8144
31-Dec-2011, 05:47
Pretty sure a IV, but may be V?, with added flap and crank. serial number (on shoe mount) is 74037. Crank is older type with plastic pull out green/white dot on it.

Bob Salomon
31-Dec-2011, 07:51
Pretty sure a IV, but may be V?, with added flap and crank. serial number (on shoe mount) is 74037. Crank is older type with plastic pull out green/white dot on it.

1962 IV. You mean they added a crank to the side of the IV with the rise knob behind the front standard? Or did they attach a V front standard to an older camera? The crank on a V and Master are on the opposite side of the front standard then the knob used on the III and IV.

Former Member 8144
31-Dec-2011, 10:17
Crank is On right looking at camera from in front, no other knob low down, so assume V front? Thanks, good to have info on camera history.