PDA

View Full Version : Deardorff Classic and Anniversary Graphic lens boards the same?

sully75
30-Dec-2011, 14:28
Hi All,

I have a pretty ugly Anniversary Speed and a pretty nice Deardorff 5x7...I had read that their lens boards should be interchangable, but the Deardorff boards I have are just a touch too big on the Speed. Should they be interchangable? I can plane down the edges to get them to fit, I just don't want them to be sloppy on the Deardorff.

Thanks!
Paul

E. von Hoegh
30-Dec-2011, 14:30
I'd leave the Deardorff boards alone and get/make boards for the Graphic.

TheDeardorffGuy
30-Dec-2011, 17:10
The Deardorff board and a Graphic board are exactly the same. Are they the same dimension? Not at all. They vary (both boards) due to manufacturing variables and age. (shrink) Keep the deardorff boards intact and like Mr Dagor Designer said make one for the graphic. Or look on ebay.

sully75
30-Dec-2011, 18:44
ok...for the record these are not original Deardorff boards, I don't think. Your concern is in modifying the originals? I think these are actually ebay boards. I'm guessing my speed is the culprit but it's easier to cut the boards then to make the speed wider.

TheDeardorffGuy
31-Dec-2011, 11:27
Ah! So do what you need. I have a few 4x5 Specials. I make my own boards to fit them because the oening is tight a few thou or its big by a bit. The correct oening is supposed to be 3.995. Five thou small. The board is 4.005. 5 Thou over. They do fit. Nice and tight and as the wood wears they mate to each other. Or thats the theory.

E. von Hoegh
31-Dec-2011, 11:53
I made a set of boards out of plywood, to fit my V8. They fit properly one way only, due to the "wear to fit" feature.