PDA

View Full Version : lens covers for elements without shutter

tadler
26-Dec-2011, 09:41
hi. i have a the elements for a fujinon 125mm f/5.6 and a 150mm f/5.6 with just one shutter and i swap between elements as needed. I have no caps for the side of the elements that screws into the shutter (in my case copal 0, the diameter measured on the element's thread is 39.5mm).

are there caps that screw over the ends of the elements and where can i get them (in europe)?

thanks!

BrianShaw
26-Dec-2011, 14:11
I don't know where to go in Europe, but B&H in New York has push on lens caps in all sizes... including some small sizes that might fit the ends of the lens elements while outside of a shutter or barrel.

I assume that a full service retailer in Europe can get them too. The affordable brand is "Kaiser".

Bob Salomon
26-Dec-2011, 15:30
Any camera store that sells Kaiser fototechnik products. They make a large range of push-on caps from 19mm up to 120mm.

tadler
28-Dec-2011, 10:31
Any camera store that sells Kaiser fototechnik products. They make a large range of push-on caps from 19mm up to 120mm.

thanks Bob. Does anyone know any shop that has those in Vienna by any chance, or something online in Europe? i didn't find anything so far..

Bob Salomon
28-Dec-2011, 10:33
thanks Bob. Does anyone know any shop that has those in Vienna by any chance, or something online in Europe? i didn't find anything so far..

Kaiser is in Buchen, Germany. Just call and ask after they re-open from the holidays.
Or ask the Kaiser distributor in Austria.

PHOTON GmbH
Karl-Schachingerstr. 2
4070 Eferding Tel +43 7272 757970
Fax +43 7272 7579722
E-mail: info@foto-mueller.at
Internet: www.foto-mueller.at

johnielvis
28-Dec-2011, 18:28
why not just buy a busted shutter and keep the lens mounted in that......or a working shutter with a lens nobody wants....

man...I was selling WORKING copal zeros WITH lenses and a whole camera attached for cheap a while back....

tadler
29-Dec-2011, 02:21
why not just buy a busted shutter and keep the lens mounted in that......or a working shutter with a lens nobody wants....

man...I was selling WORKING copal zeros WITH lenses and a whole camera attached for cheap a while back....

man...I'm searching for cheap copal zeros for months now, with and without lenses in any condition... nothing out there... but if you hear of something please let me know.

johnielvis
29-Dec-2011, 05:07
ain't that just the way it always is...when it's there you don't need it.....THEN when you need it--nowhere to be found.....did you do the WTB WTT thing...someone here maybe in the holiday spirit who has a junk one for very cheap--problem is location so I see....you're in europe....

anyways--back to the subject--I recently just taped the 2 cells together--lens inner surfaces were concave so no grinding together-- while my shutter was being worked on...that kept them protected...you may consider a tube to fit between them that you can then put a lens wrap around, you know...like a spacer tube made of anything---cardboard--whatever you have laying around....then you just rubberband/tape the cells together to keep them in the spaceer--or wrap them up in a lenswrap/plastic bag, etc....

tadler
29-Dec-2011, 05:52
johnielvis: when you're right you're right (and you're right!). i'll construct a spacer/tube, good idea. meanwhile i also followed your other advice:
link (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84998)

Kevin Crisp
29-Dec-2011, 09:14
You could get a barrel mount off a 150 g claron that somebody has put in a shutter and just screw the elements into that for protection.