PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Linhof Technika V

Mark_Se
19-Dec-2011, 14:28
I have a problem with a used technika V i received today.
I have to push this silver "crank" (img. #2) to the left side to get the front standard out of the camera. I have to do the same when I want to put the standard back in the camera.
When I don`t push the "crank" I have to push/ pull extreme strong to get the front standard in/ out of the camera.

http://up.picr.de/9044648jfc.jpg

E. von Hoegh
19-Dec-2011, 14:36
It isn't a "Crank" - it's the part that accepts the cam that couples a lens to the rangefinder. If it had a cam in it, the cam would hold it over & you wouldn't have to move it yourself. Find an instruction manual to be certain it is OK to use the camera without a cam installed.

Mark_Se
20-Dec-2011, 02:29
thank you! I can`t find any detailed informations in the manual. Does someone know what to do now?

Frank Petronio
20-Dec-2011, 05:29
Get a used cam cheap on eBay.

Or take the camera apart and drill-file-saw it out if you plan never to use the rangefinder.

Mark_Se
20-Dec-2011, 06:05
so if its not possible to fix the problem without taking the camera apart i will have to buy a cam.
what cam does fit the camera and how can i mount it?

http://up.picr.de/9048343jrx.jpg

E. von Hoegh
20-Dec-2011, 08:25
thank you! I can`t find any detailed informations in the manual. Does someone know what to do now?

Find the correct manual.

Brian Ellis
20-Dec-2011, 09:50
Is this really a problem? I had a Tech V (and a Master). I didn't keep a cam on the camera. As best I remember I just flicked the thing back and forth. Considering that you have to go through about 10 different steps to get a LF camera on the tripod and in a position to make a photograph, adding one more didn't seem to matter much especially since it took virtually no time or effort to do.

But if it really bothers you, and if attaching a cam is in fact a solution, I don't think the particular cam matters for this purpose. Just pick up a used one for any focal length lens on ebay or somewhere.

Mark_Se
20-Dec-2011, 10:31
thanks brian, i ordered a used cam from ebay, hope it will work with the cam installed.
It definitely is a problem as it is now, i always have to move the "part that accepts the cam" to the left side before i want to push/pull the standart in/out of the camera. This can be very tricky and annoying because the most time its not accessible with my fingers. I always have to move the extensions to get access.
i`m not a native english speaker, i hope you can understand what i mean.

Brian Ellis
20-Dec-2011, 13:35
Hi Mark - I understand you fine. If access is that difficult then maybe I was wrong in what I said before. I thought that what I moved was the large square thing that you have your finger on in the right-hand picture you posted and accessing that isn't a problem. It's been about six years since I owned my Master so perhaps memory failed me once again. Hopefully the cam will work. If not then I'd suggest calling a Linhof tech wherever you live. You shouldn't need to access something that's difficult to access in order to easily move the front standard.

Ari
20-Dec-2011, 14:45
Make sure you buy a cam for a Tech IV or V; the cams for the Tech IIIs and older will not fit.

hka
22-Dec-2011, 06:39
I use the Tech V without the cam inside and it works.
Just press a little bit harder when you push the standard back.
Then the cranck will swing to the mid position.

Mark_Se
22-Dec-2011, 11:50
i received the cam today, now it works flawless!

E. von Hoegh
22-Dec-2011, 13:21
I use the Tech V without the cam inside and it works.
Just press a little bit harder when you push the standard back.
Then the cranck will swing to the mid position.

And you risk damaging the coupling mechanism.

hka
23-Dec-2011, 02:37
Why?
I don't see any problem.