PDA

View Full Version : XP2 4X5 why not?

John Conway
16-Dec-2011, 08:41
XP2 is a favorite of mine. I have been using it for years with my Bronica. Would love to use it in 4X5. I wonder why Ilford doesn't make it in 4X5.

Peter De Smidt
16-Dec-2011, 08:48
I agree that it is a very nice film, but I doubt there's much of a market for it in 4x5, especially as it's getting harder to find places developing C41 large format film.

As an aside, you might try Acros in divided Pyrocat. Like XP-2, this gives very fine grain and the ability to record info into the zonal stratosphere.

Daniel Stone
16-Dec-2011, 09:46
They used to make in in LF sizes. Not sure how long it was around, but I've seen it on ebay a few times over the past year or so. Once in 8x10 and a few times in 4x5 and 5x7 IIRC.

-Dan

John Conway
16-Dec-2011, 13:34
I thought it was available in large format at one time but I wasn't sure. With the constant changes in film manufacturing, especially Fuji and Kodak, I hesitate to even hope for anything new when it comes to film. But with Ilford I think things may actually get better if the other big film companies keep discontinuing black and white films and Ilford picks up the slack.

Peter De Smidt
16-Dec-2011, 15:53
If I remember rightly, XP-2 was available in 4x5" but XP-2 Super, which I prefer, never was.

John Conway
16-Dec-2011, 21:29
I put Ilford XP2 Super II 4X5 on my Christmas list.

vinny
16-Dec-2011, 22:49
I have a large box of it but it wasn't sealed when frozen so most of the sheets were stuck together when I checked it out. It was from Ford's photo department when they threw everything out. They had guards watching the dumpsters to keep scavengers out.