PDA

View Full Version : Sinar apo ronars

brighamr
15-Dec-2011, 06:32
Hi

I know that apo ronars were made for 1:1 process work and as such are not optimised for infinity

I have seen some in shutters with sinar etched onto them

are these lenses set up to work for infinity or did Sinar make them for some other purpose

thanks

robin

Bob Salomon
15-Dec-2011, 07:14
All Apo Ronars are optimised for 1:1. But they do perform well at infinity and in between. But not as well at infinity to 1:5 as an Apo Sironar S. Also, all Apo Ronar lenses shorter then 600mm were optimised to work at f22. Any other aperture will be a compromise. While a lens like an Apo Sironar S will perform optimally over a range of apertures and be optimal at f22 on 45.

Armin Seeholzer
15-Dec-2011, 11:51
The APO Ronars which where in a shutter has been optimised for 1:20 not 1:1 told me mister Wenzel from Rodenstock germany!

Cheers Armin

Bob Salomon
15-Dec-2011, 14:51
The APO Ronars which where in a shutter has been optimised for 1:20 not 1:1 told me mister Wenzel from Rodenstock germany!

Cheers Armin

I will be with Dieter in a couple of weeks so we will discuss exactly what they were optimized. In the meantime the printed Rodenstock factory literature states that they are 1:1. Of course this literature was written and published before Dieter joined Rodenstock. The same statement is in the literature that we have dating back into the 70's and the statement did not change up till they discontiued the Apo Ronar production.

Armin Seeholzer
15-Dec-2011, 16:51
I talked to hime about 5 years ago on the phone, when Rodenstock Linos had started a service to improve the APO Ronars for infinity and he told me this!
But I do not remember at which point they started to do it so! Only APO Ronars where the future owner wanted on optimised at 1:1 they did it optimise for 1:1. And of course all without shutter also where for 1:1!

Cheers Armin