PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found film?

Jim Galli
14-Dec-2011, 13:52
How many times have you come on a holder and go, oops, the black side of the slide is showing, wonder if it's got film in it? So you go in the dark......yup, it does.

Then what do you do? I'm about 50 - 50 I think. Too often I say to myself, well, it couldn't be very important if I can't remember what it is, pull it out and trash it.

Or, like the image below, process it and say, ohhhh yeah, now I remember.

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/MsclPetzvals/16PetzPedalCarS.jpg
pedal car

This was done with the 1114 Deardorff and the purpose was to show the quality of an ugly duckling 16" f8 petzval that I bought from Richard, repaired, and offered for sale.

Someone bought the lens before the image got developed, so it began working it's way to the bottom of the heap. If it had been a 5X7 holder I likely would have thrown it away.

So post your Lost and Found images please :D:cool:

jcoldslabs
15-Dec-2011, 02:24
What about when you buy some open-box expired Velvia QuickLoads and unbeknownst to you someone shot them already?

I thought I was shooting some fall foliage but someone else's landscape got in the way.

Jonathan

http://www.kolstad.us/ebay/Velvia-QL---Yellow-Trees.jpg

Tom J McDonald
15-Dec-2011, 03:26
That's bizarre. Have you developed any of the sheets you haven't double exposed?

jcoldslabs
15-Dec-2011, 03:30
Tom,

I shot through the first half of the box with no problems. So now I'm in the position that Jim mentioned above: do I toss out all the other sheets, expose them with my own images and hope for the best or spend the money to process them to see what someone else might have shot with them risking that some are blanks? At the moment I'm not sure what to do.

I know one thing, though: I won't be buying any more partial/open boxes of film, that's for sure!

Jonathan

Jim Galli
15-Dec-2011, 10:20
That's a bummer. Yeah, whad'ya do now?

cyrus
15-Dec-2011, 10:37
I always love it when I buy an old camera that has some film in it already, if I can develop it. Once in a while I come across a treasure or two.

Tom J McDonald
15-Dec-2011, 13:52
I say go for it and claim they are the lost Velvias of Ansel Adams.

ImSoNegative
16-Dec-2011, 07:31
I found a complete 35mm kit, minolta body, 2 lenses and a flash packed nicely in a camera bag, thrown in the dumpster, the entire kit was in very very good condition, there was film in the camera c41 i developed it and there was a bunch of nudies of either the guys wife or gf, i think the wife found out about the gf and thats why the camera was in the dumpster.

jcoldslabs
16-Dec-2011, 14:48
What a great story. Sounds like something from a movie or a novel!