PDA

View Full Version : Hello from old Europe

manet
14-Dec-2011, 05:58
I'm manet and I live in France.
I 'm in retirement since a few month and having more time, I coming back to argentic photo in parallel with the numérique.
I work with a 6x6 TLR and a 18x24 LF. I have a darkroom arranged by myself recently.
I have discovered largeformatphotography on the being web searching LF informations and I am sure I will learn a lot from you all.
Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers

eddie
14-Dec-2011, 06:33
welcome and have fun with your LF toys.

eddie

Joanna Carter
14-Dec-2011, 06:43
I'm manet and I live in France.
I 'm in retirement since a few month and having more time, I coming back to argentic photo in parallel with the numérique.
I work with a 6x6 TLR and a 18x24 LF. I have a darkroom arranged by myself recently.
I have discovered largeformatphotography on the being web searching LF informations and I am sure I will learn a lot from you all.
Sorry for my bad English.
Salut Manet. As-tu entendu du site Galerie Photo (http://www.galerie-photo.info/forumgp/) et ses forums ? Là, on peut trouver des "chambrists", des "argentists" mais, surtout, des bons amis. Et tu parles l'anglais meilleur que je parle le français ;)

Walter Calahan
14-Dec-2011, 06:44
Welcome.

Your bad English is superior to anything I could attempt in French.

Fortunately we all speak photography. Look forward to your future posts.

manet
14-Dec-2011, 14:11
Hi !
Thanks to all for warm welcome :)

Hi Joanna, your French is very good !
Merci de me répondre en Français ! / Thank you to reply to me in French !
Oui, je connais galerie/photo mais je suis curieux de lire ce qui se dit ailleurs ! / yes, I know galerie-photo, but I like to read what is said elsewhere !

jp

Steve Smith
15-Dec-2011, 01:24
Bienvenue.

Votre Anglais est tres mielleur de mon Francais!

Steve.

Emmanuel BIGLER
15-Dec-2011, 03:56
Welcome to the large format transatlantic club.
Do not be surprised when Joanna says 5x4, here they say 4x5. the difference is subtle but extremely important.

Et bienvenue au club transatlanique grand fomat ;)

manet
15-Dec-2011, 06:04
Hello Emmanuel, my Franc-comtois neighbor ! I live in Dijon. This look like to story of Fernand Raynaud*, Le 22 à Asnière :)
Thanks for your welcome.

jp

---------------------
* For non-French speaking friends : Fernand Raynaud (1926-1973) was a French humorist