PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPlus Expo - meeting up

David R Munson
19-Oct-2003, 13:55
I'm just wondering who else here is going to be going to NYC for PhotoPlus Expo at the end of the month. Also, I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in getting together some time, say, on that Friday for a little photography discussion over a sandwich or a beer.

Thoughts?

David A. Goldfarb
19-Oct-2003, 14:34
I'm not planning to attend the expo, but I'm in the city, and could be interested in meeting up, if the occasion arises.

jantman
19-Oct-2003, 18:56
:)

David, I hope there's no animosity from my thread.

I'll be going, but on Saturday. Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't let me get out of school to look at things which would LET me make photographs. I've already got the equipment I can afford.

It looks like the exhibitors aren't really the most interesting to me (yeah, you can figure that out - I'd be happier with Wisner or Toyo).

But if anybody is going to be there on Saturday, I'd be interested in a short chat. I don't know how long it could go, I'll probably have a busy weekend and won't be able to be there all day.

If nobody replies until the day of, you can reach me at the direct e-mail to my cell jantman@vtext.com please keep it under 120 words.

Bob Salomon
20-Oct-2003, 02:47
" I'd be happier with Wisner or Toyo)"

Toyo is certainly at the exhibit. They are in the MAC booth. MAC is Mamiya, Sekonic, Toyo, Leaf. Pro Foto.

Jim Rhoades
20-Oct-2003, 04:50
I'll be there, but on Thursday as close to 10 AM as the traffic to the midtown ferry will allow. On Saturday the Center will be like Time Square on New Year's Eve.

jantman
20-Oct-2003, 11:46
Thanks, Bob.

I wasn't sure. I know that Mamiya is their distributor, but wasn't sure whether Mamiya also represents them at the shows.