PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Nikkor LF Lens Cat Online

Richard K.
10-Dec-2011, 07:48
Haven't been able to find one. Anybody? Thanks!:)

Is NIC single or multi coated? Are the lens inscribed as MC? Thanks again.

Louis Pacilla
10-Dec-2011, 08:00
I"m pretty sure all black shuttered Nikkor LF lenses are Multi/NIC coated. None of my Black rim Copal Nikkor lenses have any mention of coating engraved on lens barrel.

Not sure about early Nikkor LF lenses but they are at the least single coated.

Hope that was what you are looking for.

Arne Croell
10-Dec-2011, 09:23
Nikkor LF lenses appeared on the market around 1980. I think all of the regular LF lenses are therefore MC. I am not sure about the process lenses (Apo-Nikkor, Process Nikkor), they might be single coated.

Richard K.
10-Dec-2011, 09:32
Nikkor LF lenses appeared on the market around 1980. I think all of the regular LF lenses are therefore MC. I am not sure about the process lenses (Apo-Nikkor, Process Nikkor), they might be single coated.

I wonder if that includes the 150 SW? It's not listed in a cat that nice LF Forumer sent me...

Oren Grad
10-Dec-2011, 09:42
I wonder if that includes the 150 SW? It's not listed in a cat that nice LF Forumer sent me...

Here it is:

http://www.nikon-image.com/products/lens/lf/sw/150mmf8.htm

And your answer:

ニコン独自の多層膜コーティングとあいまって

Yes, it's MC.

Arne Croell
10-Dec-2011, 09:43
I have a German Nikkor LF catalog from around 1990 and it lists the 150SW, and states in the text that all SW's are MC (also the W, T, and M series have it in their respective blurbs, the only one where it is missing is the AM series, but I think they are MC, too).

Dan Fromm
10-Dec-2011, 10:00
http://savazzi.freehostia.com/photography/default.htm

Go to the bottom of the page, click on Old Literature

Richard K.
10-Dec-2011, 10:12
And your answer:

ニコン独自の多層膜コーティングとあいまって

Which of course translates as "Coupled with Nikon's original multilayer coating"

Thank you!

Richard K.
10-Dec-2011, 10:19
Go to the bottom of the page, click on Old Literature

Interesting, in this one cat they refer to 105, 300 and 450 M but not the 200. And only the 270 T, not the 360/500/720 etc. I had not heard of the 105 M.

Thanks all for the great information!

Dan Fromm
10-Dec-2011, 12:19
Richard, here http://www.mynikon.pl/pub/nikon/pdf/2004/Nikkor%20Lenses%20for%20Large-Format%20Cameras.pdf is a newer one. I have it on disk, had forgotten where I found it. Searched, found it again. Knowing its title helped a lot.

Arne Croell
10-Dec-2011, 12:27
I have a German Nikkor LF catalog from around 1990 and it lists the 150SW, and states in the text that all SW's are MC (also the W, T, and M series have it in their respective blurbs, the only one where it is missing is the AM series, but I think they are MC, too).

One additional point: There was a predecessor line to the Nikkor-M, the Nikkor-Q. I think those were single coated, otherwise they were the same Tessar type optics.

Helcio J Tagliolatto
10-Dec-2011, 13:28

More recent ones are MC. I've a 305/9 SC, and a 480 that's MC. But comparing its reflections to the 90/8's I can conclude that's not NIC, but a more traditional MC.