PDA

View Full Version : film stock for 5X7

Rene Z. Quan
28-Jan-1999, 13:29
I am really enamoured of the aspect ratio of the 5X7 format, (partly due to the fact that I like to crop in the viewfinder and try to maximise the use of the fi lm area). However, in the USA, the 5X7 format doesn't seem to be used popularly. I wonder whether there is anywhere in the USA which caters to the needs of the 5X7 photographer by offering the complete current range of Fuji, Kodak, Agfa, a nd Ilford emulsions (B+W, Colour Trans, Colour print) for sale.

QT Luong
28-Jan-1999, 17:05
The only color 5x7 film available in the states is from Kodak, and although it can be difficult to find locally all the major retailers (eg B&H) carry it. My two-year long quest to find the 5x7 Fuji films in the USA has been unsucessful. However, they are available in Japan. In Europe 13x18 is available. Personally, I cut down 8x10, as discussed in a previous thread.

Michael Bobio
5-May-2002, 16:29
Kodak 5x7 portra 160nc neg film is availble on order from kodak for around $160.00 for a fifty sheet box. (May 2001). You can order it through most labs or film retailers.