PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 8x10: Specifications of the front standard thread?

Asher Kelman
29-Nov-2011, 14:20
Does anyone know what the size of the thread is for the front standard of the Chamonix 8x10. It screws into one of a line of threaded steel opening in the carbon fiber base of this wonderful camera.

I've ordered an extension to the base as there's ample room, 36 inches max, in the bellows but the base only allows 24" or 609 mm.

I'd like to also have the option of a lightweight bar from http://ReallyRightStuff.com that could add a tad extra draw if needed.

For this I need the thread size. I am concerned about damaging the thread. Perhaps someone has those specifications already? :)

Asher

Bob McCarthy
29-Nov-2011, 19:00
There is an extension board for the 4x5, could it also fit the 8x10??

B

Asher Kelman
29-Nov-2011, 19:45
There is an extension board for the 4x5, could it also fit the 8x10??

B

I'm not sure how they attach! Chamonix actually makes extensions for many models, 4x5 to 11x14, except there are no specifications on the Chamonix Cameras (http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/extension.html) website! I have one on the way from China, thanks to Hugo Zhang's very fast attention. Almost immediately after sending the money, I got a shipping notice with a tracking number from China! Talk about a small world!

If anyone has the specifications of these extension boards, it would be helpful. In any case, I'll report what the piece looks like and how it works when it arrives. With a guestimate of 20 cm extension, then the total would be 80cm or ~31.4 ". That's almost enough to be able to use my 600 mm lenses for portraits. That's what I plan to try.

Asher

Bob McCarthy
29-Nov-2011, 19:59
Michael Gordon has a utube video that shows the 4x5 extension, I would suspect its the same for the larger format. About half way through. Search Chamonix, Gordon, 45N-2 on utube.

Bob

vinny
29-Nov-2011, 20:01
I built a base for my 4x5 and i think it was M8, almost positive. Buy a 40¢ bolt and check.

Asher Kelman
29-Nov-2011, 20:13
I built a base for my 4x5 and i think it was M8, almost positive. Buy a 40¢ bolt and check.

Good work! I'd love to see a picture of your setup.

Asher

vinny
29-Nov-2011, 20:22
Good work! I'd love to see a picture of your setup.

Asher

I posted it somewhere on this forum.