PDA

View Full Version : Easy to Change Photo Display Methods for the Office and Studio?

Jay Decker
26-Nov-2011, 20:57
How do you display your photos so that it is easy to change the display frequently? I'd love to use your great idea for my office and studio remodeling projects, so photos of your display would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Frank Petronio
26-Nov-2011, 21:12
Apple Cinema Display ;-)

I used to use a rail molding and lean matted prints on it.

In one studio I had all the posters and big stuff drymounted to foamcore and simply Velcro-taped the panels up along the 11' ceiling. They were far enough away that they looked great, like a big giant Martha Stewart ceiling border. Yet they were out of the direct line of sight so they weren't distracting during the day or in a meeting, designing, judging color, etc.

jcoldslabs
26-Nov-2011, 22:52
I really like these picture ledges I got from Exposures. I think they were called "invisible picture ledges" or "thin picture ledges" or something like that. I change the framed artwork in my dining room often. They are modular, easy to install and look really clean.

Jay Decker
27-Nov-2011, 13:27
Has anyone installed metal rails to attach prints to using magnets, e.g., similar to my experiment below?

http://monkeytumble.com/tmp/IMG_0572.jpg