PDA

View Full Version : Felt for my old Linhof Tech III, couldn't find it in the dark...

tom meyer
21-May-1999, 14:34
Sounds like an old blues tune.

But really a repair facility that shall remain nameless, has had my trusty Tech III for 5 months now, claims the felt, that goes between the film holder and the ground glass frame has to come from Switzerland. Is this bogus, or what?

Does anybody know where I can get this seemingly incredibly rare material in th e U.S.of A.?

sheesh, you'd think it was shorn from the hide of Namibian goats raised by Budd ist monks that read them Japanese love poems since birth and grazed them only in the pastures on the southern slope of Mt. Olympus. Help! I miss my baby! I need some felt!...t

Bob Salomon
21-May-1999, 16:04
That really is amazing. As you might know we are the Linhof distributor for the U.S. and while the factory no longer has parts for a III, after all it was discontinued in 1956!) our service center happens to have the felt you need in stock.

Had you tried contacting the Linhof Service Center prior to starting your trk or had you simply picked one at random?

If you would like to solve your problem with the proper material call our service center at 973 808-9626

tom meyer
21-May-1999, 17:46
It's such a pleasure to find great people in the world and that this technology enables us to communicate so fluidly. In literaly 15 minutes I have solved a problem that is months old. I'll have my camera back from the "reputable" repair shop and a new felt liner for my camera on Monday (it's now Friday), for the wopping price of around $20 including the Fed Ex shipping expense to get the felt delivered. Life is good, Thanks Bob and Martin, and Thanks to those who maintain this site!...t

sheldon hambrick
22-May-1999, 12:20
I had the same problem last year when refurbishing my Crown Graphic. While in the hardware store, by accident I stumbled on what's called "Protective Pads." Basically they're thin velvet sheets with an adhesive backing. They're used to stick on the bottom of ash trays, lamps, and such to help prevent damage to furniture surfaces. They were the right length/thickness, so all I had to do was cut them to the correct width, and stick them in. About $3.00 per pack.