PDA

View Full Version : questions about camera accessories

cameranewbie
23-Nov-2011, 10:02
hello everyone, im new to this site and had a few questions about a camera and additional lenses i recently recieved from my grandfather. im not that much into photography besides taking family photos so i really have no use for the stuff i have. a guy i know wants to buy my stuff off me but im not sure of what its all worth so im hopeing that someone on this site can give me some ideas because i dont want to rip this guy off and i dont wanna get ripped off myself so any info would be greatly appriciated.
first off i have a cannon Tlb, i have 2 blue tinted 55mm tiffen 80B lenses, a rokunar polarizer 55 mm lens, i have a box set of 3 prinz close up lenses #1,2,&4 i think its 55mm but im not sure, they all say japan/504 and have a circle with this symbol(/) through it in front of 55.
i have a makinon 1:2.8 135mm lens, a soligor tele-auto 1:3.5 200mm lens, and a vivitar electronic flash model 202.
let me know what u guys think,
Thanks,
Tony.

tim o'brien
23-Nov-2011, 10:12
Tony,
This is a LARGE format forum. What you have is a teeny tiny format.

But roughly speaking... about 25 bucks if it all works.

tim in san jose

Ari
23-Nov-2011, 10:23
Tony, Tim is right on all accounts.
Older 35mm gear, unless it's Leica or Contax, goes for peanuts these days.
You should be happy to have a buyer.
Good luck.

Leigh
23-Nov-2011, 14:56
The circle with a slash through it means 'diameter', as the diameter of the filter.

The items you call Tiffen 80B 'lenses' are actually filters.

- Leigh

Alan Gales
23-Nov-2011, 15:13
To be perfectly honest with you if I knew someone who wanted to use the stuff I'd just give it to him.

sully75
23-Nov-2011, 20:39
yeah that stuff is not really worth anything, except maybe the Canon body, but not really worth much either way.

Drew Bedo
24-Nov-2011, 06:48
Last year I tried to lighten the load aty our house by eliminating a 35mm outfit: two Minolta OM-1 bodies and five lenses from 35mmto 400mm and a few extras. No photography outlet in Houston would buy it outright or take it on consignment. Ads on Craig's List went begging (e-buy is a hassel anymore). I finally just donated it all to a charity thrift shop where it sat for three months. Eventually they sold it all. The bodies went for about $25 each and the lenses for ~$15-$20 each.

Best wishes on this.

lenser
24-Nov-2011, 06:53
Agreed. $20-$25 for the body (if the meter is working and the speeds sound accurate) and the rest are basically paper weights. That's if you can find a collector of ancient Canon gear who wants to go to the trouble of finding, or already has, 1960's FL series prime lenses to fit the darn thing. Good luck.

Bob Salomon
24-Nov-2011, 06:59
Last year I tried to lighten the load aty our house by eliminating a 35mm outfit: two Minolta OM-1 bodies and five lenses from 35mmto 400mm and a few extras. No photography outlet in Houston would buy it outright or take it on consignment. Ads on Craig's List went begging (e-buy is a hassel anymore). I finally just donated it all to a charity thrift shop where it sat for three months. Eventually they sold it all. The bodies went for about $25 each and the lenses for ~$15-$20 each.

Best wishes on this.

You would have had no trouble if you had Minolta OM-1 bodies. They are exceedingly rare. Probably only the two you had existed!

On the other hand, were they Olympus OM-1 cameras, that would be another story entirely!

tim o'brien
25-Nov-2011, 00:05
You would have had no trouble if you had Minolta OM-1 bodies. They are exceedingly rare. Probably only the two you had existed!

On the other hand, were they Olympus OM-1 cameras, that would be another story entirely!

Nice catch Bob. Interested in a Fujica FM3 with screw mount lens?

tim in san jose