PDA

View Full Version : White dots inside Schneider 210mm 5.6 Symmar-S

fernando1212
20-Nov-2011, 09:26
I'm looking to purchase this lens, the seller sent me some pictures and it shows "small little white dots" inside the lens, he is saying it is normal and won't effect the quality of the images or performance on the lens... other than that the lens appears to be in excellent condition, no scratches, fungus etc. Before buying something like that I like to check with you guys. thank you

Richard K.
20-Nov-2011, 09:35
It's called "Schneideritis" and it's harmless except for possible resale value to people that don't know that it is harmless. Sometimes priced a bit cheaper but has the same performance as a Schneideritisless one...

fernando1212
20-Nov-2011, 09:59
It's called "Schneideritis" and it's harmless except for possible resale value to people that don't know that it is harmless. Sometimes priced a bit cheaper but has the same performance as a Schneideritisless one...

Thanks Richard
schneideritis, funny, hope is not contagious...

Dan Fromm
20-Nov-2011, 11:22
Thanks Richard
schneideritis, funny, hope is not contagious...

It is very contagious. Most owners of lenses with Schneideritis are covered with little white spots.

Richard K.
20-Nov-2011, 11:58
It is very contagious. Most owners of lenses with Schneideritis are covered with little white spots.

But if you're careful you can prevent getting your Schneider inflamed...

Corran
21-Nov-2011, 09:50
I never knew what Schneideritis looked like until I actually looked at my Schneider 210mm and saw worse than that one. Doesn't matter, it produces great images.

E. von Hoegh
21-Nov-2011, 10:38
Shouldn't it be "Schneideriasis"? :)