PDA

View Full Version : Strange goings on with V700???

Gary Tarbert
19-Nov-2011, 05:40
:confused: Hi , I have a V700 which i have used for a couple of years , I recently added a better scanning holder with which i have had good results , Today the weirdest thing happened when i use the holder i get no image at all !!!??? and when i scan direct onto glass i do can anyone explain (whisky tango foxtrot)is going on here ???Cheers Gary

Joanna Carter
19-Nov-2011, 07:22
You must make sure that the "prescan" area is in the same position as the standard holders; i.e. closest to the hinge.

Tony Evans
19-Nov-2011, 07:49
Make sure that you position the BSH so that the end with the two small projections is at the top (as Joanna said, the hinge end).

Gary Tarbert
19-Nov-2011, 19:21
Thanks Joanna & Tony , Still perplexing as to why there was no image at all?the scan still passes over the film in roughly the same position , But rotated it back and now scanning fine ,Still a little:confused: as to the physics of it .Regards Gary

Ken Lee
19-Nov-2011, 19:48
It's not a matter of Physics: the scanner detects which film holder you are using (or not using at all), according to the orientation of certain notches, arrows, etc.

Joanna Carter
20-Nov-2011, 01:29
The end with the two protrusions provides an area where there is no image and that is used to calibrate the scanner before it goes on to scan the film. If that small gap is missing, the scanner thinks that the scanning lamp is not on, throwing out the whole calibration process.

Gary Tarbert
22-Nov-2011, 05:34
Thanks Joanna & Ken , The penny has now dropped and i now understand my hardware better. Regards Gary:)