PDA

View Full Version : My First Solo Show

SteveH
17-Nov-2011, 22:58
Hi
My exhibition at The Goat Gallery, Natimuk is opening on the 25th of November.
'Peripheral - Images from regional Victoria' is a showcase of urban night and lowlight photography, the exhibition will be opened by Adam Harding of Horsham Regional Gallery.
Press release below

Cheers
Steve Hall

Peripheral is a photo exhibition at the Goat Gallery by Natimuk based photographer Steve Hall. It features Large Format Black & White images of iconic urban landmarks and street scenes from the Wimmera and Central Victorian Gold Fields, captured primarily at night or early morning

The low-light conditions necessitate the use of exposure times up to 1 hour which means transient moving subjects such as cars and people do not appear on the images, lending architectural features a haunting yet intriguing mood of emptiness.

By showing the urban landscape free of the fleeting movements of humanity, the streets and buildings become the subject rather than the backdrop against which day to day human drama is played out.

Peripheral is the culmination of 18 months of exploring and photographing Western Victoria and is Steve's first solo exhibition.

The exhibition runs from the 26th of November until Sunday the 18th of December, with a public opening at 7pm on Friday 25th November opened by Adam Harding of The Horsham Regional Gallery.

The Goat Gallery is located at 87A Main Street, Natimuk, Victoria and is open Saturday and Sunday from 1pm – 4pm, or by appointment.

A preview of the exhibition can be seen at:
http://stevehallphoto.photoshelter.com

Jim Graves
18-Nov-2011, 09:52
Congratulations ... loved your website gallery of the show.

Vaughn
18-Nov-2011, 10:15
Excellent! I have enjoyed the images you have shown here of this series in the past -- I remember the discussions about the image you used on the announcement card. Congrats on your first solo show -- I am sure the response will be great! Wish I could nip down there to see it!

Vaughn

Andrew O'Neill
18-Nov-2011, 15:00
Nice images, Steve. Congrats on your first solo show! Good luck!

Kirk Gittings
18-Nov-2011, 15:15
Terrific!

Wayne Lambert
18-Nov-2011, 19:15
Congratulations, Steve! Very, very nice work---and concept.
Wayne

Rick Tardiff
18-Nov-2011, 21:15
Congratulations on your show , I enjoyed your photo shelter preview. Maybe a book in the future?

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Nov-2011, 09:56
Steve, Congratulations. A solo show is a great thing. Enjoy!

SteveH
19-Nov-2011, 18:59
Excellent! I have enjoyed the images you have shown here of this series in the past -- I remember the discussions about the image you used on the announcement card. Congrats on your first solo show -- I am sure the response will be great! Wish I could nip down there to see it!

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn
Some of the criticism from that previous discussion was actually really helpful in refining that image.
Rick - I almost put together a Blurb book for the exhibition but ran out of time. I do have a series of cards though.
cheers
Steve